TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Glass Roof and Black Interior in Florida ?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by instigator, Jan 7, 2018.

1. instigator

instigator Member

I got the invite to configure but am concerned about the Black only interior option.

Are there any sunny Ca, Az, etc, M3 owners who have experience and opinions on this ?

2. T34ME

T34ME Active Member

My DW sat in a 3 for the first time yesterday (in fact had a hard time getting her out of the driver's seat!). Previously she had said she didn't want a 3 with black interior. BUT.......yesterday she said the interior isn't black, it is dark grey vegan, almost exactly the same color/material we have in her Prius (the Toyota version of PUP) for the last 4 years. We live in the Palm Springs area where temperatures commonly climb to 117/120 during the summer. She said the Prius interior is fine in those conditions and therefore so will the 3, she is now fine with the 3 interior. As an aside, the Prius also has the ability to pre-cool the interior and she never uses it. YMMV.

3. dsvick

dsvick Active Member

There are, literally, hundreds of posts/comments on this. You can do a search either here or in the model S forum. Basically, it comes down to "most people find it isn't an issue".

4. gizmoboy

gizmoboy Member

Used to feel the same way... my S has the pano glass roof and black leather.

Bottom line: not an issue.

Plus, you can use your phone app to pre-cool the cabin when it's really hot, and that takes the sting out of the seats...

5. Evoyager

Evoyager Member

Agreed, no problem!

6. instigator

instigator Member

7. kbecks13

kbecks13 Active Member

The roof glass is tinted pretty heavily (at least on the Premium cars) and blocks quite a bit of heat. If you still felt that it was too warm, you could add some 3M Crystalline on top of that for ultimate heat rejection and you'd be totally fine.