Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Glitch in the window

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed an issue with my rear drivers side window. As you pull the handle to open the door, the window drops 1/2 inch as normal but when the door is closed again, the window does not return to the closed position. If I open and close the door 6 or 7 times, the window will be fully down. All the other door windows work great, just this one won't return when the door is closed. I can still put it up or down with the window switches. Any ideas??

Mike

I have had that happen before. The first time I had it happen I was getting my windows tinted and we had flipped the latches to make the windows go up all the way with the doors open. With the drivers door opened and the window up all the way the rear door windows would go down when the door was opened but not go back up. Later on, the drivers door did it by itself and I reset the main screen and it quit doing it.

Could you tell me where this override switch is located (for use in tinting and cleaning)? (Using the normal switch just raises the window to the "almost closed" position). Thanks!
It's not a switch that you push, it't the door latch itself. All you have to do is take a screw driver (or any round screwdriver like thing) and push the door latch to the closed position. When you are finished, just pull the interior door handle and the latch will pop back open.

It's not a switch that you push, it't the door latch itself. All you have to do is take a screw driver (or any round screwdriver like thing) and push the door latch to the closed position. When you are finished, just pull the interior door handle and the latch will pop back open.

Thanks, duh. Safer than a switch too since you can't close the door with the screwdriver wedged in and crunch the window.

Have a similar issue with my 2013 S, drivers window only, screen reset/reboot did not fix.

Interestingly, I can hear a faint sound after the door is closed, as if the window is trying to automatically return to the closed position but it doesn't move up.

When I first discovered the window was partially down, the window switch didn't work at all. I pulled the fuse to check (was normal) and replaced, now the window will roll up and down fine with the switch but the auto raising after closing door problem persists.

Anyone have any thoughts about next steps for troubleshooting? I have replaced door handles myself so willing to take the door apart and replace switches, motors etc.