Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Glossy seat backs + kids

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't seen a thread where people have recommended specific installers by region for XPel wrap. I'm sure there are others in the Bay Area who have had it done. With two little kids, and we would like to wrap the seat backs as soon as we take delivery! I'd love to hear if people had good/bad experiences.

I had Xpel put on them to prevent scratching. I know of people who have used the non-glossy coating.

If you have kids who kick the back of the seats with their shoes you will get marks unless you spend the money and have them coated. I think it cost around $500

Our X P100DL arrives in March. As a result, trying to learn as much as I can prior to delivery.

Besides XPEL for seat backs, what are people recommending for exterior paint/finish protection? I've read through a lot of threads with good advice, but would like to see if I can get a good sense of people's experience. Should I cover the whole car (front, sides and back)? Just front hood and fender/bumper? Is XPEL a good option for exterior as well?

Thank you in advance for any advice.

I got tons of scratches and I was done. I didn't take to take a mother scratch. All of them were from adults. So I wrapped them and I am so happy with it. Of course I sure miss the glossy black seats but the satin dark grey give the car a whole new look. I'll try and post a pic. Tell me what you think.

Attachments

• IMG_1363.JPG
    IMG_1363.JPG
    514.6 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_1365.JPG
    IMG_1365.JPG
    414 KB · Views: 149
Reactions: Hans Allis