Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Glossy seat backs + kids

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like @elguapo I too went with glossy xpel after deliberating a lot over xpel stealth. I think with white seats the glossy seats look really good and changing the look would not do justice to the original design.
I will post pictures soon.

Can't wait to see them! I have been on the fence between glossy and matte with white seats as well. Do you mind sharing cost?

Same here, we love the way it turned out. The glossy XPel retains the original look and should hold up well to plenty abuse. It cost $250 per seat back.
Can't wait to see them! I have been on the fence between glossy and matte with white seats as well. Do you mind sharing cost?
@BrianD hmm..I will PM the cost to you but it not even close to $250 per seat. That's a very high price, sorry @Saxena I think you could have gotten a much much better deal than that.. *cough* *cough* half...
Will share pictures tomorrow after I clean the seats, I am letting them "cure" and dry for a day.

• Funny
Reactions: Saxena
I went with matte. My kids didn't like looking at themselves. Surprising considering three are teenaged girls. :)
I blame it on the following effect from glossy seatbacks:-
upload_2016-7-7_13-8-10.png

Reactions: Rich Meister
Ours were just done in XPEL clear (glossy). Because of the black on black interior, we decided to go with the contrasting glossy look. Picking up the car tomorrow. Not having them protected was making me nervous.

My bad. My seatbacks were about $630 for the five seats and third row head rests. Totally worth it. It's been three months and my memory sucks.

Gotta protect the seatbacks with something. The scratch and smudge easily. Also, the plastic is a magnet for dust and crumbs. Film is not.

I helped my daughter move and loaded a few items in my Model X and ended up with a deep scratch on one of the second row seat backs. I am going to cover them with XPEL to prevent further damage. Before I do that, however, is there a recommended product to buff out the scratch before I have the XPEL applied?

I helped my daughter move and loaded a few items in my Model X and ended up with a deep scratch on one of the second row seat backs. I am going to cover them with XPEL to prevent further damage. Before I do that, however, is there a recommended product to buff out the scratch before I have the XPEL applied?
Why not just have your detailer do it when he installs the XPEL?

Has anyone just put regular "contact paper" in the area where kids are likely to put their feet up? Is that idea just ridiculous? We have kick mats right now but wondering if just some contact paper I can hopefully take off later when kids are older would work good enough...