Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Glove Compartment Storage Tray

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For more than three years, about half the time we opened the glove compartment stuff fell out onto the floor. Being a slow learner, I just fished around on the floor and gathered it all up each time. Finally even I had had enough!

I found a tray which fits the interior of the compartment almost perfectly, and stores everything we have in the compartment so that it stays put. Maybe I'm the last person in the community to implement this solution, but just in case, pictures of the tray are attached.

These were seventy five cents each, Canadian, at our local Dollarstore. The color choices are -- well -- unfortunate, but for the price they are a huge value.

Tesla-tray1.jpg
Tesla-tray2.jpg

Reactions: Soundchasr
Nice idea! Especially good for the J1772 adapter as it rolls around a lot if not restrained somehow.

BTW, I have that same red flashlight (I keep mine in the shelf under the center screen, rather than the glove compartment.)

I use this sucker from Amazon. $10.50 USD

Amazon.com: Diono Travel Pal Car Storage: Baby
I used to have one of those in the center "bowling alley" area, until my wife commented that it reminded her of riding in her elderly uncle's car. Apparently his giant land-boat was full of of cheap storage clip-ons for kleenex, trash and old people things.

So, it's now hidden away in the frunk, and I put middle-aged things into it, like cleaning supplies and a roll-up jacket.