Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GME and AMC stock action (out of main)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
People are posting that are not able to close their GME positions :eek:

Es0k99IXcAEjXg2

Which Broker is this?

How do you sell you shares if nobody is allowed to buy shares?

This is a MAJOR LAWSUIT! Fakking incredible abuse of position. GME down over $200/sh since this event.

Outrageous abuse.

Which Broker is this?

How do you sell you shares if nobody is allowed to buy shares?

This is a MAJOR LAWSUIT! Fakking incredible abuse of position. GME down over $200/sh since this event.

Outrageous abuse.

word is many brokers are putting these securities in "closing only" status, meaning you can only do a closing trade, not open a new position...unclear if this applies to just the stock or also the derivatives

word is many brokers are putting these securities in "closing only" status, meaning you can only do a closing trade, not open a new position...unclear if this applies to just the stock or also the derivatives

Cue the "no such thing as a conspiracy" guy... :p

Market Makers obviously acting in a coordinated way.

Who's pulling the strings? (which we will never be allowed to know)

Fakking EXPOSED!

Cue the "no such thing as a conspiracy" guy... :p

Market Makers obviously acting in a coordinated way.

Who's pulling the strings? (which we will never be allowed to know)

Fakking EXPOSED!

i know
this echoes back to what i was saying yesterday. with no central oversight or guidance from a central organization that understands the interests of all the market participants involved (retail, funds, HFTs, MMs, Brokers, Exchanges and clearing houses) then those participants are left in the wind, reacting only in their own interest. in that scenario the common trader likely gets burned, as he/she is the bottom wrung of ladder, while the big guys can still execute with dark pool and liquidity provider arrangements with counterparties (maybe they take a beating on execution, but its better than no execution) - for the 3rd time im asking...where is the SEC?

gamestop went to $500 and as low as $257 premarket - but all is normal, right?

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
I mean, I know we all hate shorts, but on the whole I'm not sure this is a good development. If a Reddit forum can throw a major axe into Wall Street, unpredictably and almost whenever and wherever they like, that's a big destabilizing influence. Just exactly what the market doesn't want. It's hard to get too worked about about some shorties with their pants on fire, but when Gamestop goes back from $450 to $40 it isn't the shorties who are going to be holding the bag.

I'm starting to feel like this was all fun and games... until suddenly it wasn't.

https://twitter.com/SquawkCNBC/status/1354786807318196225

Contagion. I was thinking along the same lines. MM need to liquidate other names to cover their asses in GME. + Obviously things very fluid, and GME is now Red as well.

• Informative
Reactions: CarlS
I mean, I know we all hate shorts, but on the whole I'm not sure this is a good development. If a Reddit forum can throw a major axe into Wall Street, unpredictably and almost whenever and wherever they like, that's a big destabilizing influence. Just exactly what the market doesn't want. It's hard to get too worked about about some shorties with their pants on fire, but when Gamestop goes back from $450 to $40 it isn't the shorties who are going to be holding the bag.

I'm starting to feel like this was all fun and games... until suddenly it wasn't.

You're kidding right? Hedge funds have been moving markets for years. When retail investors do it, now it is a problem? As far as the average guy losing money goes, most of them are doing this for the lutz. Everyone can gauge their own risk level.

I gotta say though, this crap about RH not allowing trades is horrible. Lawsuit city...

IB basically reiterating what ive been saying

"We do not believe this situation will subside until the exchanges and regulators halt or put certain symbols into liquidation only"

...meaning, we have to do something to protect ourselves because nobody else is paying attention to the situation...we are trying not to be the ones getting pantsed here

and now GME halted...exchanges working on behalf of the market makers right now, allowing them to tweak quoting tools

however...im able to see options quotes using IB account...so im not sure theyve restricted them completely

Last edited:
You're kidding right? Hedge funds have been moving markets for years. When retail investors do it, now it is a problem? As far as the average guy losing money goes, most of them are doing this for the lutz. Everyone can gauge their own risk level.

I gotta say though, this crap about RH not allowing trades is horrible. Lawsuit city...
Schwab just started (unhalted) trading in GME and AMC at about 9:37am EST
edit:
AMC halted at 9:39am
and GME