Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Going crazy about Performance brakes? [Tesla using caliper covers on rear brakes of Y performance after supplier switch]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I thought the MYP performance brake is an upgrade in the ROTOR, not the CALIPER.

Here's a good summary of brake iteration among the S3XY line up, posted by MPP:

• Helpful
Reactions: jjrandorin
The older calipers would bolt right up, but I have no idea how you'd convince them to do it!

@MountainPass

I am reading the article that @RoBoRaT linked that you guys did on the brakes. Super interesting read, and I learned a lot. Just wanted to give you a shout out on putting that together and encouraging anyone interested in the topic of "which brakes / which tesla" to give it a look.

Thanks @RoBoRaT for linking it in post #28 although it is inside a double quote so maybe some didnt see it. Here it is again:

@MountainPass

I am reading the article that @RoBoRaT linked that you guys did on the brakes. Super interesting read, and I learned a lot. Just wanted to give you a shout out on putting that together and encouraging anyone interested in the topic of "which brakes / which tesla" to give it a look.

Thanks @RoBoRaT for linking it in post #28 although it is inside a double quote so maybe some didnt see it. Here it is again:

Thanks so much!

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC