Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Going the Extra Mile for a Possible Customer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This should be categorized as Pre-Ordering, but I’ll place it here in Ordering anyway. One of the sales showrooms in Houston is located in the Galleria Mall which is about 20 minutes from my house. The Tesla Service Center is actually only 5 minutes from my house. I did make two trips down to the Galleria showroom to verify a couple of questions I had. I was particular concerned about how the Figured Ash Wood decor actually looks. Those sample blocks just don’t do it and the Ordering interior page has a terrible angle shot. I called the next day and asked if they had any cars in stock with the Figured Ash Wood decor and Monika said that she would check and take some pictures for me. She sent me six closeup pictures from a Model X, I got my answer and knew what I would be ordering. Monika went the extra mile for me.

I have been retired five years now. I have a big limiting factor on my time because I am my wife’s caregiver and I have to manage my time away from the house. When I first called for a demo I was told that they are done at the Galleria location. Then came Walter. He called back and arrange an agreeable time for me and came to my house. For the most part we chatted. He had it easy because I had been researching the Model S and had already had my order prepared. I did have a couple of questions that he wrote down and got back to me the next day. We did take a ten minute drive around the neighborhood. Walter went the extra mile for me.

Later that evening I ordered my Model S 60D. I am not so patiently waiting for this seven day cooling off period to end. You know how kids get the day before Christmas. I guess I’ll survive.

I can only hope that the rest of my experiences with the Tesla staff is as good as I have had so far.

Thank you,

Bill Alvarez

This should be categorized as Pre-Ordering, but I’ll place it here in Ordering anyway. One of the sales showrooms in Houston is located in the Galleria Mall which is about 20 minutes from my house. The Tesla Service Center is actually only 5 minutes from my house. I did make two trips down to the Galleria showroom to verify a couple of questions I had. I was particular concerned about how the Figured Ash Wood decor actually looks. Those sample blocks just don’t do it and the Ordering interior page has a terrible angle shot. I called the next day and asked if they had any cars in stock with the Figured Ash Wood decor and Monika said that she would check and take some pictures for me. She sent me six closeup pictures from a Model X, I got my answer and knew what I would be ordering. Monika went the extra mile for me.

I have been retired five years now. I have a big limiting factor on my time because I am my wife’s caregiver and I have to manage my time away from the house. When I first called for a demo I was told that they are done at the Galleria location. Then came Walter. He called back and arrange an agreeable time for me and came to my house. For the most part we chatted. He had it easy because I had been researching the Model S and had already had my order prepared. I did have a couple of questions that he wrote down and got back to me the next day. We did take a ten minute drive around the neighborhood. Walter went the extra mile for me.

Later that evening I ordered my Model S 60D. I am not so patiently waiting for this seven day cooling off period to end. You know how kids get the day before Christmas. I guess I’ll survive.

I can only hope that the rest of my experiences with the Tesla staff is as good as I have had so far.

Thank you,

Bill Alvarez

I've met Walter, great guy. Congrats on your purchase!

I haven't ordered yet, but the sales staff in Jacksonville, Florida are really helpful.

I'm glad that you've had a good experience.

I usually buy right off the lot. Waiting is difficult, but it's nice to have something built for you. Congratulations!

Thank you,

Bill Alvarez

Good deal. I've worked with the folks at the Galleria and found them to be very accommodating as well. My 90D should be showing up in a month or so.

Btw, don't know if you were aware, but you can get a referral discount of $1000. You are welcome to use mine if you don't have one yet.

Referral | Tesla

Chris

Good deal. I've worked with the folks at the Galleria and found them to be very accommodating as well. My 90D should be showing up in a month or so.

Btw, don't know if you were aware, but you can get a referral discount of $1000. You are welcome to use mine if you don't have one yet.

Referral | Tesla

Chris
Thanks for the offer on the referral code. I used my neighbor's code. I ordered my 60D last week. I can only imagine that this waiting is only going to get worse. Enjoy your car when you get it.

Bill