Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gonna bail - anyone else?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They love the idea of making thousands of dollars by quickly flipping the vehicle they waited for years to buy more than they love the idea of actually owning the car.
They aren't selling their new X because they don't like the car. They like the idea of making a profit.

I guess I'm surprised that its not going for more. 10,000 over for a wait that long is kind of a deal in my opinion yet nobody seems to be jumping on it... I heard Range Rovers black on black were going for 35,000-50,000 over sticker at one point.

I guess I'm surprised that its not going for more. 10,000 over for a wait that long is kind of a deal in my opinion yet nobody seems to be jumping on it... I heard Range Rovers black on black were going for 35,000-50,000 over sticker at one point.

I think it's a valid question. I don't know the answer - but a $10k bump is better than a $20k loss as far as I can tell. I think it's better to rely on the real reviews from owners here, though. Guessing based on eBay listings is a pretty indirect way of gathering information. I know the early builds are having some issues; maybe new owners like the idea of pocketing a few grand and getting a car that's ready out of the box.

For now, I'll just continue to casually (cough, cough) peruse the MX threads and get my data that way.

I think it's a valid question. I don't know the answer - but a $10k bump is better than a $20k loss as far as I can tell. I think it's better to rely on the real reviews from owners here, though. Guessing based on eBay listings is a pretty indirect way of gathering information. I know the early builds are having some issues; maybe new owners like the idea of pocketing a few grand and getting a car that's ready out of the box.

For now, I'll just continue to casually (cough, cough) peruse the MX threads and get my data that way.

"casually" like Great White at an all-you-can eat seafood buffet. :rolleyes:

For those interested, it looks like I will be getting a refund for the $5K deposit, even though I confirmed my order almost two months ago. I got an e-mail today that the refund was being issued and I'm assuming it's for the full amount. $1K of that will be going down for a Model 3 on March 31. Let's hope that one is not as wide as the S/X.

For those interested, it looks like I will be getting a refund for the $5K deposit, even though I confirmed my order almost two months ago. I got an e-mail today that the refund was being issued and I'm assuming it's for the full amount. $1K of that will be going down for a Model 3 on March 31. Let's hope that one is not as wide as the S/X.
Chris, that is good to hear. So bummed you cannot get the X to fit, so more waiting for the 3. Maybe you should move out here to California and to the country where there is lots of room.

Chris, that is good to hear. So bummed you cannot get the X to fit, so more waiting for the 3. Maybe you should move out here to California and to the country where there is lots of room.
Yeah, moving has become a topic of some discussion lately, though not that serious. I do like the Bay area. :) But we wouldn't have to go that far to find open spaces. It's just that parts of NYC have some exceptionally tight spaces. There are wide open spaces in NJ, PA, CT, NY state. Even within NYC as you get a bit further out things open up a bit. Even within our neighborhood there are houses with driveways and garages in the front that wouldn't require the gyrations that we currently need to do to park. But personally I just hate moving and all that entails, and can't justify doing that for a car.

LOL. Yeah. maybe I should be banned. What was I thinking? I should just sell the house and live in my X (but wait, the seats don't fold so how will I fit my bed?)

We just met with our builder and are replacing our dual garage doors with a single one, mounted closer to the ceiling, with a wall mounted opener. Why? Well.. we can't have anything interfere with the doors.. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Camera-Cruiser
Yeah, moving has become a topic of some discussion lately, though not that serious. I do like the Bay area. :) But we wouldn't have to go that far to find open spaces. It's just that parts of NYC have some exceptionally tight spaces. There are wide open spaces in NJ, PA, CT, NY state. Even within NYC as you get a bit further out things open up a bit. Even within our neighborhood there are houses with driveways and garages in the front that wouldn't require the gyrations that we currently need to do to park. But personally I just hate moving and all that entails, and can't justify doing that for a car.
What about the weather and great wine!

We just met with our builder and are replacing our dual garage doors with a single one, mounted closer to the ceiling, with a wall mounted opener. Why? Well.. we can't have anything interfere with the doors.. :rolleyes:
Nice. Can I keep my X at your house?

- - - Updated - - -

What about the weather and great wine!
You make an excellent case. I have a friend in Nicasio (Marin) and a brother in Oakland. Plus all the nice Teslaphiles in the Bay area so there would be good company too. :)