Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Goodyear Electric Drive GT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just bought new Goodyear Electric Drive GTs for MY. I am pretty impressed with its handling and how quiet the ride is compared to the original Continentals. However, after driving for about 35 miles, I noticed that the efficiency decreased by about 20%. Anyone else has any experience with these new Goodyear electricdrive gt tires?

We’ve 3P and the Goodyears were quieter and dampened more. The Primacy doesn’t as much but also gave you better feel for the road. The ‘18 3P suspensions weren’t super tight and certainly not as hard as the YP we test drove a year ago. Heard the new ones are lot better.

I think a lot of our handling issues with Primacy resulted from irregular rotations. The front left tread was lopsided for some reason and we had a few punctures in row in our back tires. That distorted the handing picture quite a bit. We’ll see how it goes. Will revisit when we put 10K on these

Upvote 0
I switched to Hankook ION Evo EV tires, the new tires for Model 3 Highland too.

Reactions: sidewinder
Upvote 0
Just got my Vredestein QuatracPros installed today. Man, what a difference in ride vs my 36k-old Contis! :cool: Reset my Trip A to see what consumption looks like. Have a couple of road trips in the next six weeks so will put some miles on them quickly.
Thought I would update my efficiency on the Vredesteins. I have just over 6,000 miles on them and in that time, I'm running at 287 Wh/mi. It was over 300 when they were brand new but have broken in nicely. My lifetime has gone from 272 Wh/mi to 274. I should note that much - maybe most - of the 6,000 miles I've put on since the new tires has been highway driving - several trips to Upstate NY, one to Cape Cod and one to Northern New England (VT, NH, ME). Also several to Philadelphia. So lots of highway time.

Overall, I'm happy with the tires - the ride is still better than the OEM Contis although they are definitely louder (no foam). And they are great in the wet.

IMG_4374.jpg

Reactions: Pianewman
Upvote 0