Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Goodyear Electric Drive GT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just bought new Goodyear Electric Drive GTs for MY. I am pretty impressed with its handling and how quiet the ride is compared to the original Continentals. However, after driving for about 35 miles, I noticed that the efficiency decreased by about 20%. Anyone else has any experience with these new Goodyear electricdrive gt tires?

So my average with tires is 322, vs the 298 before
How many miles on your new Tires? Definitely a drop in range but not terrible. Do you see an improvement since last time or is it holding steady? Also I think this is too early to ask, but I wonder if 500 Treadwear will make those tires last longer vs Continental 400. Weird part is Continentals have a 55k mile warranty while Goodyear Electric GT 40k mile warranty. Truth is nobody is getting 40k out of Continentals so I do wonder, is that warranty overblown or what. Maybe I should call them up and get new tires at discount ;-) .

Upvote 0
My thinking is I want a quiet and comfortable tire with really good ratings all around especially hydroplaning. We all have learned Teslas eat through tires at a ridiculous rate so a high rating for UTQG is also something to look for. Came up with the Turanza Quiettrack that checked all the boxes which is what I have been using since June on the Y. Would not get too caught up in the marketing hype of electric drive tires just quite yet, could be an excellent choice but they do need to prove themselves on the road and in a few tests which unfortunately have not surfaced yet due to them being so new. Do not like to 40,000 mile warranty compared to the Turanzas 80,000 though. Price is similar.

Just another option option to consider.

Reactions: awokeinthelbc
Upvote 0
Update after about 3000 miles: I am impressed with these Goodyear tires. The range has returned to normal, and I do not see any significant difference in range. The tires are amazing in cold weather and super silent!
Unspoken forum rules: you have to be OCD when posting about range with non-OEM tires. Sorry, but it's true. :p

Any chance you could post Wh/mi numbers, prior to tire replacement, and after? The OCD crowd wants NUMBERS! HAHA!

Reactions: jsight
Upvote 0
How many miles on your new Tires? Definitely a drop in range but not terrible. Do you see an improvement since last time or is it holding steady? Also I think this is too early to ask, but I wonder if 500 Treadwear will make those tires last longer vs Continental 400. Weird part is Continentals have a 55k mile warranty while Goodyear Electric GT 40k mile warranty. Truth is nobody is getting 40k out of Continentals so I do wonder, is that warranty overblown or what. Maybe I should call them up and get new tires at discount ;-) .
I got about 40k out of my contis

Upvote 0
Ok so got some numbers, I did about 32,000 in my Conti OEM and averaged at 277wh/mi and I have done about 3000 miles on the new goodyear and I average at 281wh/mile so far.
The ride quality is a bit more rigid, so you can feel the bumps on the road more prominently than the Conti, but there is little to no road noise! Also, it holds the air pretty well even in the cold whereas with the Conti I would have to air up a little every month or so in the cold. So, definitely worth it in my books.

Upvote 0
Ok so got some numbers, I did about 32,000 in my Conti OEM and averaged at 277wh/mi and I have done about 3000 miles on the new goodyear and I average at 281wh/mile so far.
The ride quality is a bit more rigid, so you can feel the bumps on the road more prominently than the Conti, but there is little to no road noise! Also, it holds the air pretty well even in the cold whereas with the Conti I would have to air up a little every month or so in the cold. So, definitely worth it in my books.
Thanks for the update!
How is the ride quality compared to the Contis? Assuming you had 19” wheels.
Yup 19"

Reactions: MattM24
Upvote 0
Any updates?

Upvote 0
Update after about 3000 miles: I am impressed with these Goodyear tires. The range has returned to normal, and I do not see any significant difference in range. The tires are amazing in cold weather and super silent!
Great to hear. I just ordered for my 2021 MYLR after my OEM 19" Contis died. $1231 out the door from Discount Tires since I had purchased 3rd party Discount service certificates.

Upvote 0
I just had these installed. I can report back later with an update -- it was surprisingly hard to find any reviews for these tires online.

My initial impression is that they are quieter than the Pilot Sport AS 4s that they replaced... but that could be a placebo effect.
How many miles on your PilotSport AS 4s that you replaced? New tires are always softer, with deeper tread. :p

Upvote 0