Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Goodyear Electric Drive GT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just bought new Goodyear Electric Drive GTs for MY. I am pretty impressed with its handling and how quiet the ride is compared to the original Continentals. However, after driving for about 35 miles, I noticed that the efficiency decreased by about 20%. Anyone else has any experience with these new Goodyear electricdrive gt tires?

How many miles on your PilotSport AS 4s that you replaced? New tires are always softer, with deeper tread. :p
20,000 on the AS 4s. Ended up getting some type of wood or stick stuck in the sidewall of one of them. I still had tread left on them but, rather than just replace the one tire (they didn't have AS 4s in stock) or two tires, I decided to bite the bullet and do all 4. I loved the Michelins.

The only other tire that they had in stock which would fit my car was the OEM Continentals which is what I originally had and wasn't a fan of.

Upvote 0
I just had these installed. I can report back later with an update -- it was surprisingly hard to find any reviews for these tires online.

My initial impression is that they are quieter than the Pilot Sport AS 4s that they replaced... but that could be a placebo effect.
I installed these when they first came out. Same area, more quiet, but less efficient for me...

Reactions: awokeinthelbc
Upvote 0

whisperingshad, any more to report on range w/ the GT's? Have you considered running slightly higher pressure, like 42-44?

Just bought new Goodyear Electric Drive GTs for MY. [...] However, after driving for about 35 miles, I noticed that the efficiency decreased by about 20%.

Tpalox, do you have an update on range with more milage? What are you running for tire pressure?

Upvote 0
So I am at around 5500 miles and tires seem to be less comfortable actually...I'm at about 314wh/mile avg.
Next tires will NOT be these. Maybe the new Ions

Now THAT is a helpful comment. Thanks.

I'm at around 14k with MichPilotSportA/S4s, and I have no regrets at all. Efficiency is NOT the same as the LRR ContiProContacts, but the ride is quieter and smoother...marginally.

Upvote 0
Can you post your results with these Goodyears?

I found those Sailuns a few weeks ago and watched some videos on YouTube. They are $160 online at a Walmart seller.

The Goodyears at 25% off seem like a more conservative choice.
400 miles, my usual driving, 238w/mi
Edit: 237 w/mi is my lifetime number. Climate control set at 70-72f, ambient temp has been 50-80f. Mix of highway and street driving. Slightly quieter inside at 41psi cold.

Upvote 0
400 miles, my usual driving, 238w/mi
Edit: 237 w/mi is my lifetime number. Climate control set at 70-72f, ambient temp has been 50-80f. Mix of highway and street driving. Slightly quieter inside at 41psi cold.
Holy crap. Are you driving downhill with a tailwind all the time? Your efficiency is amazing.

At 44k miles, my lifetime is now at 296w/mi, 30k with OEM and 14k with PilotSport A/S, 19s on OEM Geminis.

Upvote 0
Holy crap. Are you driving downhill with a tailwind all the time? Your efficiency is amazing.

At 44k miles, my lifetime is now at 296w/mi, 30k with OEM and 14k with PilotSport A/S, 19s on OEM Geminis.

I think he has a Model 3 but what exactly I am not sure.

Sorry, us M3 dudes have invaded your tire thread. I am 2 months into ownership of a 2020 M3LR. Just did a short trip, 149 miles, 35 kWh, 232 Wh/mi. Mostly 60mph or so on the bumpkin roads and 24 miles on a real freeway at 65-70mph.

Upvote 0
We just got these tires for my wife's Model Y. So far, based on 1500+miles on it, we've taken a slight range hit going from 267kw/h to 275-280ish kw/h on mixed street and highway. Note: I only count the latest 1000 miles because of the typical 500-mile break-in period. However, the tradeoff in comfort is well worth it. Even I am impressed by the noticeable improvement in comfort and stability (through cornering and long freeway entrance/exit curve ramp) that I may consider these for my model 3.

Reactions: MattM24
Upvote 0