Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Goodyear ElectricDrive GT Tires 235/45R18

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BLUF aka TLDR: These tires are close enough to the MXM4 in efficiency while having MUCH better grip in the wet (and dry). If USAA is doing the discount then I will most likely buy them again. If not, I may try the ION Evos, but I am worried I will give up wet grip.

Here is the latest:
- Last 5402 miles on the GY EDGT = 234 Wh/mi
(total miles on GY = 7002 miles, I reset my tracker after the alignment, first 1600 miles = 246 Wh/mi)

- "My" lifetime 17075 miles = 232 Wh/mi (car was purchased used)

Total on car = 28743 miles

Before I put the Goodyears on, I believe the lifetime at that point was 228 Wh/mi or 229 Wh/mi.

I installed a Tesla M3 Performance Spoiler (8 Oct) and have been running Aerodisc/Turbofan wheel covers. Also using 45-46 PSI cold pressure, not sure why but it "seems" like this makes bigger efficiency gains. Could it be these tires were designed to run at higher pressures back when Tesla recommended 46 PSI cold for the M3? I will admit it could be all in my noggin.

Road Trip yesterday to the "big city" and on a flat freeway which doesn't exist where I live. Ran 62-65 mph, was 65F in the morning and 73F on the way home. Used the a/c on the way home. I was impressed to say the least and very happy with these numbers.

168 miles
38 kWh
226 Wh/mi

The average road trip efficiency with MXM4 was 239 Wh/mi over 1212 miles. March-May 2023
The average road trip efficiency with GYEDGT was 247 Wh/mi over 796 miles. June-Nov 2023

Reactions: Pommie
Do you still feel they're louder than the MXM4s?

As for the guy saying he only goes with Michelin; the stock MXM4s on my '19 M3 only lasted about 10,000 miles. Went with Conti ExtremeContacts after that and they were the same noise without the damn foam of the MXM4s.

Interested in the Electricdrives for my MYLR.

Reactions: Pommie
Do you still feel they're louder than the MXM4s?

As for the guy saying he only goes with Michelin; the stock MXM4s on my '19 M3 only lasted about 10,000 miles. Went with Conti ExtremeContacts after that and they were the same noise without the damn foam of the MXM4s.

Interested in the Electricdrives for my MYLR.
I’m needing new tires soon too and it’s between the Hankook Ions and the Goodyear ElectricDrives. Would love to hear the answer to your question!

I went back and here is what I said:
The tires are louder than stock. It took about 80miles for an initial whine to quiet down. It's not bad and depending on the road they can be quiet. But overall I would say they will be louder than MXM4.

Its still a fair statement. They are not terribly loud, but I have to believe across most roads they will be similar or louder than MXM4. Its not hateful. In general they are quiet enough for me that its not an issue.

Per Tirerack, these tires are louder than the Pirelli P Zero AS Elect (tested on 19" wheels).

Sorry, I am not much help. Wife seems to think I am deaf anyhow. I don't think you will go wrong with either these or the Ion EVOs

I am up to 11,518 miles. I was going to do another tire rotation but I am going to wait for the front inner wear to be at least 1/32nd more than the rear inner. Front inner was about 7.4/32", rears were 8/32". Folks say the initial wear is higher so hopefully I am on track to make 40,000 miles. But even after the alignment its still hammering the front inner tires. I noticed the middle of the tire having a little bit less wear... could 42-43PSI cold be underinflated???

So yeah, I have been doing 46psi cold for the last few weeks. This works out to 49-50psi hot (if its not near freezing OAT). Energy usage has been great recently, I think I posted elsewhere about a 153 mile road trip at 223 Wh/mi.

If you want to wave the Goodyear flag they have the Electricdrive 2 coming out soon. But these are not "GT" tires, not sure what that means...

If you want to wave the Goodyear flag they have the Electricdrive 2 coming out soon. But these are not "GT" tires, not sure what that means...
Electricdrive without GT is a "grand touring" tire for efficiency, noise and comfort.

Electricdrive GT is more of a performance tire category with less emphasis on the above. I think we should consider "Electricdrive" as more like an adjective applied to tire lines (like "Pirelli Elect" which is more consistently applied) than the noun.

Its unfortunate they have very similar names as they're probably quite different, like the difference between a Michelin Primacy (MXM4 and without) which are all touring/comfort tires vs Michelin Pilot Sport lines. Michelin, Pirelli, and Bridgestone are most consistent on linguistically distinguishing performance vs touring/comfort lines, e.g. (Pilot Sport vs Primacy; PZero vs Cinturato; Potenza vs Turanza), but all tiremakers have similar product divisions.

Goodyear is all over the place.

Reactions: rayrevolver