Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Google Pixel / XL / Android 7.1 bluetooth?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was considering picking up the new Pixel XL phone...but apparently android 7.1 is causing issues with bluetooth on all sorts of different makes and models. Some nexus owners recently updating to 7.1 are also reporting issues.

Anyone have any experience with this on the Model S/X?

No way I'm upgrading my phone if it fouls up bluetooth calling.

Nexus 6P running the 7.1 developer preview, and I have had no issues so far with my Model S except one where I play music from my phone but no sound comes out. But I've heard various Model S/X owners have this issue (not very common) so it's not a 7.1 issue.

Bluetooth calling works like a charm though. Never had issues with that.

minor thread hijack - but is the Pixel actually worth the money?
It just doesn't seem special enough at that price.

I've been looking at a OnePlus 3 and can't make the Pixel add up at appx twice the price - trouble is that it is selling so well that there's never any stock!

minor thread hijack - but is the Pixel actually worth the money?
It just doesn't seem special enough at that price.

I've been looking at a OnePlus 3 and can't make the Pixel add up at appx twice the price - trouble is that it is selling so well that there's never any stock!

No you're right to question the price. I have a 2 year old droid turbo which works fine, but just looking for something new/faster. I'm thinking I should probably wait for the s8. Although I'm going out today to see if my old razr Maxx will qualify for the $200 off.

Google Pixel running Android 7.1.1 and while the phone connects, contacts are not syncing correctly. Haven't figured out why yet as the permissions are all set correctly.
Do all the contacts not show up? Or is the information displayed incorrect?

Android 7.1.1 just rolled out two days ago for Pixel, so that might fix some Bluetooth bugs as well

Waking up an older thread but does anyone have problems seeing the map under location in the Tesla App on a Pixel XL? We have two of the phones (really like them) and it works on one but not on the other. It only shows the grid, no streets or anything Satellite image works fine. So strange.

Waking up an older thread but does anyone have problems seeing the map under location in the Tesla App on a Pixel XL? We have two of the phones (really like them) and it works on one but not on the other. It only shows the grid, no streets or anything Satellite image works fine. So strange.
Tesla just pushed an update to the android app right now, and in the release notes it says it fixes the location page bug. Try updating the app and hopefully that resolves your issue