Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got A Great Deal On A Used Model 3...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey so I love Teslas. I have a Model X PR and my Husband has a Model S p100d. I wanted to get my daughter a car. And I found a used Model 3 LR. It had a salvage title, and the Land Rover dealer was practically giving it away. It was for $31,990. No one was buying it because well, it had a salvage title. So I looked at it, and the previous owner had the car practically re-built. I bought it for my daughter. She loves it and in her own words "I don't notice that its a rebuilder. Love you mom!"

Salvage title cars are rarely a good deal. I would never ever put my kids in a “rebuilt” vehicle without a lot of assurance it was rebuilt right. I don’t go cheap with my family’s safety!

Many insurance companies won’t insure them as well. Most dealers won’t touch them. My guess is that dealer ended up with that car by accident and I bet they are relieved if not shocked to see it sell. Especially at that price!

Glad you’re happy with your purchase but that post made me cringe a little. I only paid 39k, after all rebates taken into account, for my brand new, fully warrantied LR RWD.

It would have been a good idea to have the manufacturers input as to the serviceability of that particular car. It would have been nice to know who rebuilt it from what condition. I don't know, but that car may be worth the price just in parts.
I hope that works out for you!

Hey so I love Teslas. I have a Model X PR and my Husband has a Model S p100d. I wanted to get my daughter a car. And I found a used Model 3 LR. It had a salvage title, and the Land Rover dealer was practically giving it away. It was for $31,990. No one was buying it because well, it had a salvage title. So I looked at it, and the previous owner had the car practically re-built. I bought it for my daughter. She loves it and in her own words "I don't notice that its a rebuilder. Love you mom!"

1st post. C for originality. D for credibility. F for copy writing.