Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got backed into :(

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My poor P85D (named ElonsD) got backed into today across the side. Looks like damage to both doors and the rear quarter panel.

Anyone have a guess for repair time and price? I am guessing 15k repair cost (for fun). Can I insist on a Tesla rental? ;)

This is in Seattle. Looks to be most cosmetic damage. The break is squeaking.

Stupid Subaru Forester didn't even have a dent in it :(

Attachments

• Teslarearend.jpg
    Teslarearend.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 130
Sorry to see your poor MS in this condition and this is exactly the issue with aluminum body panels. They are less forgiving and cost a $hit ton more to repair. :(

A few months ago, my daughter's BMW 328i got hit between the front and rear doors on the passenger side. The total repair bill was $7K so if I had to guess, I would double it for the MS. State Farm immediately authorized the repair and we had the vehicle back in about 3 weeks. A few days ago, we received a check from the at fault's Insurance company reimbursing me for the deductible that we paid at the time of repair.

Sorry to hear it. I had the same thing back in July. For me, it was in the shop for 3 weeks after the parts arrived. Lucky for me the shop was in the same town as the Tesla factory, so arrival time on the parts was under a week.

MP3Mike's estimate seems to match up with the experience that some others have had, so I hope your experience will be closer to mine than theirs.

I can't imagine being without my car for 3 months. That is insane, and not in my P85D way.

I've done the DV song and dance before in small claims, but I use the car for Uber/Turo income to help pay for it. Looks like I had better search for an attorney :(