Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got delivery today, but back seat seems to be soaked

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got delivery today, Was very excited, but i have noticed few problems ones i looked in detail.

1. Door misaligned, ( i heard they can adjust it)

2. Stains on the seatback (not sure if this is scratch on oil/water stain, but i tried to wipe it, and won't come off)

3. Water stain on white seat, seems to be soaked, all tailored lines are yellow on the right compared to the left.
can anyone suggest me what should i do? and what might tesla do?

and to be honest, i have taken delivery of many cars, from honda to porsche, bmw, Tesla's delivery was quickest (have not really explained how to operate anything), and dirtiest (many stains, oil spots, and marks in the car ) i feel they only spend 10 min to clean the car.

Thank you for help
IMG_0130 - Copy.JPG IMG_0134.JPG IMG_0137.JPG

Here is the link for the pictures.

Tesla X - Google Drive

my honest opinion is to take advantage of their return policy and take it back and wait for another one. This one seems to have been beat up and hung up wet... From what i’ve read counting on tesla service after the fact is somewhat spotty.

...can anyone suggest me what should i do? and what might tesla do?...

Service Center can address these deficiencies but they might need a "due bill" listing those deficiencies from your delivery staff.

Make sure Tesla agrees to fix these issues in writing or otherwise, you might need to return it for a refund within the time and odometer limit.

Got delivery today, Was very excited, but i have noticed few problems ones i looked in detail.

2. Stains on the seatback (not sure if this is scratch on oil/water stain, but i tried to wipe it, and won't come off)

3. Water stain on white seat, seems to be soaked, all tailored lines are yellow on the right compared to the left.

and to be honest, i have taken delivery of many cars, from honda to porsche, bmw, Tesla's delivery was quickest (have not really explained how to operate anything), and dirtiest (many stains, oil spots, and marks in the car ) i feel they only spend 10 min to clean the car.

Thank you for help
View attachment 412749 View attachment 412750 View attachment 412751

Tesla X - Google Drive
Is this the new/refresh model X (Raven)? Or is this inventory X?

try cleaning the seat yourself with 70% isopropyl alcohol .

Yes, i have tried, but it seems the colors are soaked in, cannot be cleaned out.

my honest opinion is to take advantage of their return policy and take it back and wait for another one.

i have asked about this option to sales, they said if if i order a new one with refresh, i won't take advantage of discounted inventory and free supercharging.

personally i don't think this stain can be clean out, and i asked sales about changing the seat, and he told me it's not possible, will be too much work for tesla.

my question is does tesla offer credit, if they do what number might they offer? and should i accept?

another questions it since i got inventory, discount was $10,000 compared to new order, how often does this happen?

Yes, i have tried, but it seems the colors are soaked in, cannot be cleaned out.

i have asked about this option to sales, they said if if i order a new one with refresh, i won't take advantage of discounted inventory and free supercharging.

personally i don't think this stain can be clean out, and i asked sales about changing the seat, and he told me it's not possible, will be too much work for tesla.

my question is does tesla offer credit, if they do what number might they offer? and should i accept?

another questions it since i got inventory, discount was $10,000 compared to new order, how often does this happen?

You would be better off with a new one. It's likely that you will see other issues with this car as it ages.

Thank you for help
View attachment 412749 View attachment 412750 View attachment 412751

Tesla X - Google Drive
I’d refuse delivery

I recommend returning it. Those seat stains would concern me greatly. It's impossible to know how long the seats (as well as other parts) were exposed to water. Door alignment can be adjusted, yes, but it will never be perfect. Misaligned trim is something you come to accept when you own a Model X.

Inventory discounts are common. $10k off is a fair deal, but a new custom order will have new features that your current model does not, like the adaptive suspension, updated front motor, more range, etc. Personally, I would order a new Model X today regardless of how generous the inventory discounts are.

If you decide to keep the car, bring it to a Service Center to have these things documented. The sooner you can do this, the better. Ask to speak to the service manager. Seats can be replaced, contrary to what the sales team told you.

I recommend returning it. .... If you decide to keep the car, bring it to a Service Center to have these things documented. The sooner you can do this, the better. Ask to speak to the service manager. Seats can be replaced, contrary to what the sales team told you.
And get any promise to repair IN WRITING. High turnover means person X's verbal promise, no matter how well intentioned, will be forgotten and not honored if they leave Tesla.

Reactions: jgrgnt