Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pizza oil in front seat.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s mostly from the pepperonis.
I thought everyone ate Hawaiian Pizza?

1700761284014.png

What’s up with the pizza grease anyway?

In California, I’ve never seen grease from a pizza.

When I’ve been in eastern states they are dripping grease. Is grease a good or bad thing?
I have spent a lot of time in Southern CA over the years. I have never, ever had really good pizza there. Good pizza requires a bit of grease, but not as much as in the photos the OP posted.

Reactions: Lance From Jax
I'm with those who say you need to buy a better grade of pizza, or better towels. That's gross. (But glad it cleaned up.)
So, I have bought pizza, oh, 10,000 times in my life! I have always set it on towels on the passenger side. NEVER have I ever had this happen. Lessons on how to transport pizza or the type of pizza I should buy are not helpful. I was simply showing how nice the seat cleaned up.

So, I have bought pizza, oh, 10,000 times in my life! I have always set it on towels on the passenger side. NEVER have I ever had this happen. Lessons on how to transport pizza or the type of pizza I should buy are not helpful. I was simply showing how nice the seat cleaned up.
Since this happened and there’s no guarantee it would clean up as well a second time, I’d say the advice of others to put the pizza in the trunk or frunk is actually helpful.

I keep a medium-sized cardboard box in my car for containing largish take out food; pizza, chinese, japanese, etc. Stuff that doesn't fit inside a single sandwich-sized paper bag; those go on the front passenger seat, sometimes on a towel I also carry (e.g., take out from Five Guys as the grease on the fries that they dump inside the bag soaks through). Said cardboard box, with food, goes on the front passenger floor, or rarely in the trunk (if I have passengers). I've never put food in the frunk as there's no temperature control there, even if the drive home only takes a few minutes. I've been doing this for years, before I bought the Tesla.
I'm one of those people that keep absolutely nothing in my car that is visible. I have a single pair of gloves in my center hideaway and my auto paperwork and wallet in my glovebox. That is IT. Always been this way. Clutter in my car drives me crazy. I take your point though. I could put a box in there when I run for carryout. But ONLY when I need to use it. lol