Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

got her dancing shoes on.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 387271
IMG_3441.jpg
19x9.5 Signature SV503. With 265/35/19 on. 2.5lbs lighter per corner wheel+tire. Can't wait to try this set up out on the track.

Hey Wenkan- they feel a little different, steering is perhaps a touch slower at low speeds. Obviously significantly more grip. Not a noticable range penalty but honestly I haven’t paid much attention to that.
If you’re going to track the car again i’d definitely go 19x9.5. Also I’m less stressed about potholes because of the increased sidewall. And they look mean and purposeful from the front and back :)

Hey Wenkan- they feel a little different, steering is perhaps a touch slower at low speeds. Obviously significantly more grip. Not a noticable range penalty but honestly I haven’t paid much attention to that.
If you’re going to track the car again i’d definitely go 19x9.5. Also I’m less stressed about potholes because of the increased sidewall. And they look mean and purposeful from the front and back :)
Thanks! Are you going with the recommended setup from signature wheels? Also like to know where did you have all the labor done.

Thanks! Are you going with the recommended setup from signature wheels? Also like to know where did you have all the labor done.
I went with 34 mm offset because these were takeoffs from a customer who decided to get something different and I got a great deal. Its 1mm pulled in but so far no clearance issues on the inside (and kbecks13 is running 33 with (apparently) no problems)) I would go with whatever jimmy recommends for your needs, he’s solid. I ordered the tires from discount and had them mount and balance then I put them on the car myself. You can borrow my jack, hockey pick and torque wrench if you’d like :) discount could mount them on your car if you bring some hockey pucks but I wanted to do it myself

Last edited:
Well what do you know. I’m at the SC getting my spoiler installed and I asked them to check the suspension was correct for my (performance) model because as folks have noted the wheel gap on my car seems excessive. The tech originally said there was no difference in part number for the springs on different models, which I thought was odd because I could have sworn they originally listed the P+ as 1cm lower and I thought I’d read on this forum that there were different part numbers but I wasn’t too worried since I’ve ordered coilovers already. 10 min later the tech comes out and says “you were right I looked it up and there are different springs, and yours has the wrong springs, from a RWD” heh. Will be interesting to see if the car handles better at the track, provided tesla gets them installed before my coilovers come in

• Funny
Reactions: wenkan
Well what do you know. I’m at the SC getting my spoiler installed and I asked them to check the suspension was correct for my (performance) model because as folks have noted the wheel gap on my car seems excessive. The tech originally said there was no difference in part number for the springs on different models, which I thought was odd because I could have sworn they originally listed the P+ as 1cm lower and I thought I’d read on this forum that there were different part numbers but I wasn’t too worried since I’ve ordered coilovers already. 10 min later the tech comes out and says “you were right I looked it up and there are different springs, and yours has the wrong springs, from a RWD” heh. Will be interesting to see if the car handles better at the track, provided tesla gets them installed before my coilovers come in

What VIN range are you? Cause I feel like mine is pretty tall too. I'm in the 55k range. Do you have those parts numbers?

Not sure how VIN range is defined. No part numbers yet- when the car was done they said there was some confusion about whether or not the springs were correct and they were going to do more research and contact me. Tesla.:confused:
I was looking for the last 6 digits of your VIN. From what I've heard, same configs are built in batches. Since I have an earlier P3D+ vin, I believe that I'm not 1cm lower either. I should just bite the bullet and buy some lowering springs/coils.