Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got My 2021 VIN!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I still don’t have a delivery date yet. Just got my VIN over the weekend. I’m shooting tor end of October delivery as well. Was hoping someone from delivery will call me today, but it didn’t happen
I got my VIN last Wed. - crickets so far... being in NY, thinking it'l be a few more days to hear. My advisor thought end of October when I last heard from him prior to receiving VIN. He said for home delivery add 3 weeks.

I got my VIN last Wed. - crickets so far... being in NY, thinking it'l be a few more days to hear. My advisor thought end of October when I last heard from him prior to receiving VIN. He said for home delivery add 3 weeks.
I'm in PA. My SA told me today that they are getting 83 Tesla's in this Friday. Maybe yours will be in soon. Been almost 4 weeks for me an I still don't have a VIN.

Reactions: Teledatageek
Thanks for the color, but aren't they still delivering M3s with summers and also were delivering performance M3 models in the dead of winter with summers last year? They didnt know winter was coming?

m3p size fits and comes on a lot more vehicles. MYP is the only one using this size. They just happened to have enough summer tires to cover winter demand. This year with production up I wouldn’t be surprised if the 3p goes into shortage eventually too.

m3p size fits and comes on a lot more vehicles. MYP is the only one using this size. They just happened to have enough summer tires to cover winter demand. This year with production up I wouldn’t be surprised if the 3p goes into shortage eventually too.

Thanks. Hope they switch to all seasons (speaking personally as I am in NYC and can't really go summers only).

Have never heard for such a thing. Is it something to do with your state and requirements? My agent got me a card the day after I got the VIN so that I could upload on Tesla.com. Charges don't start until I take delivery!
I was told by SA to just put a copy of my current insurance card for current vehicle for proof of insurance. Seemed to work fine. State says to inform them when delivery taken for new policy, covered now since told them it’s coming.

Does anyone know how long it takes from Chicago to the different east coast locations? My SA told me they just had a few truckloads leave from the Chicago hub tonight (he pinged my car and told me it was being loaded as we spoke).

Trucking companies prefer to maximize the utility of the drivers' 14 hour window by avoid congestion, usually by driving overnight. That can get a delivery from Chicago to most east coast cities up to NYC by early morning.

Ordered a MY LR black, Gemini on 10/9. Filled out all requirements. Got a 2021 vin 3 or 4 days ago. Confirmed with SA and they said it’s at the California plant and should ship soon. Wondering how long it should take to get to Chicago area for pickup. Anyone have any insight? Thanks

Ordered a MY LR black, Gemini on 10/9. Filled out all requirements. Got a 2021 vin 3 or 4 days ago. Confirmed with SA and they said it’s at the California plant and should ship soon. Wondering how long it should take to get to Chicago area for pickup. Anyone have any insight? Thanks
I would guess arriving in Chicago Thursday/Friday. Picking up in Chicago is a possibility for Saturday but wouldn't expect anything before Monday.

Which location are you picking up? I have a blue/black coming to Schaumburg.

Ordered 9/24 (Blue Black , FSD, 19 in)

9/30 - 2020 VIN assigned. Too early as I wanted it around Oct 22 so rejected VIN.
10/5 - 2020 VIN assigned. Rejected too early and its a 2020 VIN.
10/15 - 2020 VIN assigned. Rejected as its a 2020 VIN.
10/20 - 2021 VIN assigned (666xx). Made full payment. Not sure if its in factory or in Burbank CA for pickup on 10/22. LOL !!

Last edited:
I ordered 9/28 (white/black, 19”, tow, no FSD) and had a VIN a few days later. It was a 2020 VIN so likely built at the end of last quarter. I didn’t have my finances ready yet, so released it and also wanted a 2021. I decided to change to blue on 10/18. I just got a 2021 VIN (641xx) today, 10/20. I’m in the SF South Bay. I’ve been lusting after a model 3 (and now the more versatile Y) for 4 years and I can’t believe I’ll have the Y in the coming days/weeks! This has happened relatively quickly as I feel I haven’t had adequate time to obsess over it!