Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got my seat replaced, came back to this…

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New seat is great, scratches on the plastic are not, but I’m afraid if I have this fixed, they’ll do something again, I already asked if there’s anything that can be done, I was told to make an appointment in the app and they said “we’ll make right on this” and they apologized… what do you all think I should do? (This car is super important to me since I can barely afford it in the first place, I try to treat it like it was 3 million dollars)

Attachments

• 70292360150__43FA6CCD-D5DC-41F0-BA01-01AA5B615B93.jpeg
    70292360150__43FA6CCD-D5DC-41F0-BA01-01AA5B615B93.jpeg
    521.3 KB · Views: 244
  • 70292355198__48C647D8-02D7-4562-882F-5295B29EFCA0.jpeg
    70292355198__48C647D8-02D7-4562-882F-5295B29EFCA0.jpeg
    379.9 KB · Views: 193
Here's what I would do.
Try some scratch remove compound or
move on and forget about it in about a week since this is only visible to you when you TRY to look at it. This is the spot where you don't usually look at it at all.
IF, that's a big if, you can prove that Tesla did this, they will replace the trim, but it might come back with more issues like rattle or damage to other areas.

Here's what I would do.
Try some scratch remove compound or
move on and forget about it in about a week since this is only visible to you when you TRY to look at it. This is the spot where you don't usually look at it at all.
IF, that's a big if, you can prove that Tesla did this, they will replace the trim, but it might come back with more issues like rattle or damage to other areas.
That’s what I’m afraid of, thanks, I’ll sleep on it

It's a cheap piece of plastic in an American car - think of it that way. This isn't an Alcantara or leather A-pillar out of a Mercedes or Porsche.

I think they should still fix it, and it sounds like they will (it costs them nearly nothing) but make sure your expectations of this car are reasonable. :)
For $70,000 I personally believe my expectations are pretty reasonable, and that’s with knowing it’s Tesla, I love them so much been investing in them for years, have merch, got a water bottle, I’m a full blown fan, but I just can’t have that… I make everyone wash their damn hands before they get in! (Slight exaggeration but not by much, just ask my gf lol) So this hurt

For $70,000 I personally believe my expectations are pretty reasonable, and that’s with knowing it’s Tesla, I love them so much been investing in them for years, have merch, got a water bottle, I’m a full blown fan, but I just can’t have that… I make everyone wash their damn hands before they get in! (Slight exaggeration but not by much, just ask my gf lol) So this hurt
$70k is not a lot of money (for a car). The average price of a new car today is $49,500.

I'm not implying anything else about your experience, opinions, scratch, etc. Only noting that this is a pretty average car.
(I do not mean this as an insult; I have one too).

$70k is not a lot of money (for a car). The average price of a new car today is $49,500.

I'm not implying anything else about your experience, opinions, scratch, etc. Only noting that this is a pretty average car.
(I do not mean this as an insult; I have one too).
If the average is $49,500 then $20K more is, well, more, make it $80K after everything is paid ofc, but that’s just my opinion, 80K is another mere 20K away from double the average price, so now THAT must be a lot

Agreed, they should fix it as they said. I would not be OK with it, and it sounds like they will take care of it. Problem solved.
I wish it was that simple, it’s far from it, the seat makes worse sounds now, so I’ll give up and leave it as is, accept my defeat, and now they did this, so yes they’ll fix it, but then I’ll have to take it back again so they can fix what they did that time, then fix it, then fix it, then fix it, and that’s where the problem is, sure it’ll be solved, just a new problem will emerge, so sure, no problem, till the next one of course

I guess I'm confused... they said they would fix it. Mistakes happen, not sure what the controversy is. Go get it fixed.
Have you ever had a service visit? Genuine question, if I take it back to have them fix it, I’ll have to take it back to have them fix it, then I’ll have to take them back to have them fix it, it’s an endless cycle, I had my seat replaced cause the sounds it was making, and now it sounds worse, I can’t keep wasting so many hours of my life, miles on the car, money not being made from my job, just cause the Tesla service center really… really… sucks.

Have you ever had a service visit? Genuine question, if I take it back to have them fix it, I’ll have to take it back to have them fix it, then I’ll have to take them back to have them fix it, it’s an endless cycle, I had my seat replaced cause the sounds it was making, and now it sounds worse, I can’t keep wasting so many hours of my life, miles on the car, money not being made from my job, just cause the Tesla service center really… really… sucks.
And if you just Assume the worst that is what you will find. The wanted to make it right, the rest is on you.

New seat is great, scratches on the plastic are not, but I’m afraid if I have this fixed, they’ll do something again, I already asked if there’s anything that can be done, I was told to make an appointment in the app and they said “we’ll make right on this” and they apologized… what do you all think I should do? (This car is super important to me since I can barely afford it in the first place, I try to treat it like it was 3 million dollars)
How did you get your seat replaced? What was the issue with it? Reason I ask is mine is a bit wobbly and shifts around turns. They said all bolts are tight.

(This car is super important to me since I can barely afford it in the first place, I try to treat it like it was 3 million dollars)
If you can barely afford it, that’s on you to understand the expectations of quality from a mass produced, entry level cross-over SUV. Just because you value it higher since you can barely afford it, doesn’t mean you’ll get treated like you bought a Ferrari. It’s not a luxury vehicle where you can expect a high level of quality and service.

For $70,000 I personally believe my expectations are pretty reasonable, and that’s with knowing it’s Tesla, I love them so much been investing in them for years, have merch, got a water bottle, I’m a full blown fan
I’m not sure if you bought a Performance, but if you paid $70k for a Long Range Y, you overpaid. It’s similar to those who paid $65k or more for a Civic Type R. The price you paid doesn’t equate to the quality of the vehicle.
If you’re such a big fan you should have known going in that quality, service and customer service are Tesla’s known issues.

Yeah, I did, I bought the car 7 months ago and not now 🤣 you know, now that it’s $13,000 cheaper 😀🔫 and after 6 years of 4.5% interest, yes that’s $80K
I don't know what you're point is here in this thread. Now you're attributing your individual financing to the sale price of the vehicle? I think you have perspectives that are far outside the normal consumer expectations.

I wish you the best.