Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GPS Fence for Trunk height

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am unable to adjust my trunk height in my garage. I too have scars on my forehead from the trunk edge. Supposedly, you can reset the GPS fence by manually raising the trunk above the sensed level (there is plenty of room), and then pushing and holding the trunk close button until it beeps. Mine beeps just fine, but then when you next raise the trunk, it stops at the previous lower opening (ignoring my requested change). Repeating doesn't help. I called Tesla, but they have not done anything.
I would love this feature to work, but it works the exact same way for me. I think they removed this functionality a year ago or longer.

What you can do is force the FWD doors to open all the way on the big touch screen and have it remember that because it will also apply to the trunk. This is what I have done.

The interesting thing is that when my garage door is closed, my trunk now opens to full height. When my garage door is open, it actually opens a little lower. This functionality seems to be constantly changing...

I would love this feature to work, but it works the exact same way for me. I think they removed this functionality a year ago or longer.

What you can do is force the FWD doors to open all the way on the big touch screen and have it remember that because it will also apply to the trunk. This is what I have done.

The interesting thing is that when my garage door is closed, my trunk now opens to full height. When my garage door is open, it actually opens a little lower. This functionality seems to be constantly changing...
I can't close my garage door when the trunk is open!!
I don't understand what you are suggesting in the middle paragraph. What do the FWD doors have to do with the trunk? Thanks. R

I can't close my garage door when the trunk is open!!
I don't understand what you are suggesting in the middle paragraph. What do the FWD doors have to do with the trunk? Thanks. R
There is a sensor on the roof of the X in between the FWD doors. The roof sensor is used when both the FWD and trunk open.

If you open the FWD in your garage and then over-ride it on the main console, you can select "Always Open Fully at this location". This will tell the X to mostly ignore the roof sensors and be less cautious. Even though you set it via the FWD, it will also apply to the trunk.

I don't think there is a way to only allow the trunk to fully open at the current GPS location.

• Informative
Reactions: hiroshiy