Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GPS inaccurate after update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone update to 2024.14.9 and have problems with their GPS location? Navigating to work this morning was showing my location being very wrong. Even checking now, it’s showing I’m parked about a block away from where I actually parked the car.

This happened to a lot of vehicles back when they enabled the cabin cameras... unshielded wiring harnesses caused electromagnetic interference with the GPS antenna.

I had that problem and it took 3 service appointments for them to figure it out. It was a hassle too, because it causes the nav to provide bad directions.

This happened to a lot of vehicles back when they enabled the cabin cameras... unshielded wiring harnesses caused electromagnetic interference with the GPS antenna.

I had that problem and it took 3 service appointments for them to figure it out. It was a hassle too, because it causes the nav to provide bad directions.
Damn, I just went over 50k so I’m out of warranty now. I put it in for service and the estimate is $255.

*Maybe* they'll cover it goodwill, especially if the issue began before 50k or you can convince someone in service that it definitely happened upon software update (crossing fingers).

There is also a possibility that it's some software snafu and a reboot/sleep or whatever cures it. Hold both scroll wheels for a long 4 seconds and see if reboot solves.

Anyone update to 2024.14.9 and have problems with their GPS location? Navigating to work this morning was showing my location being very wrong. Even checking now, it’s showing I’m parked about a block away from where I actually parked the car.
I’m having the same issue. Updated yesterday and now my gps is saying I’m a few miles from where I really am. I’ve tried resetting 4+ times, and nothing works. Super frustrating

I’m having the same issue. Updated yesterday and now my gps is saying I’m a few miles from where I really am. I’ve tried resetting 4+ times, and nothing works. Super frustrating

Hmm... perhaps you're both in luck and this is an actual software issue... in that case it'll likely be fixed in the subsequent update.

When I first got my car, I installed updates eagerly because "oh cool". Now, I wait a long time (typically months) before installing any given variant. Tesla pushing bugs is not uncommon.

Others seem to be experiencing similar issues:

Others seem to be experiencing similar issues:
Thanks for the link

The car thought it was on the other side of the tracks in my town, and started locking in my garage. I took it out for a drive around the block and used navigate Home. It figured out where home was and correctly navigated there. Since then the GPS has been stable, even after the update to 2024.14.9.

Reactions: Mike8403