TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

GPS - SPEED LIMIT SIGNS

Discussion in 'Model X' started by ALLMYNE, Jul 29, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ALLMYNE

ALLMYNE Member

Is there any way to submit updated data for speed limit signs that are either not being captured by GPS data or are incorrect ?

My guess is no since I believe Tesla is using a 3rd party source for this data but wanted to make sure

2. kort677

kort677 Active Member

I'm confused, do you mean the AP system reading the speed limit signs? the GPS does not read any signs

3. Az_Rael

Az_Rael Supporting Member

I am not 100%, but I don't think AP2 is reading signs yet. So it's using a map database.

4. ALLMYNE

ALLMYNE Member

Hi.....my MX is using AP2
    I understand the camera/s are not reading speed limit signs w/AP2

If the signs are not loaded in the database or read incorrect, is there a way to submit for a location to be added or corrected?

5. MasterT

MasterT Member

Send a bug report, that's all you can do.

6. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

I would agree this is the best thing to do. Do the voice report 'bug report', that includes your location, and say 'incorrect speed limit recognized by AP database' and state what the actual sign stated. Anything else like an email would get lost in the service network.

7. scottf200

scottf200 Active Member

Can this be used to report them (since Tesla switched data providers from Navigon to TomTom, right?). I would think so. Link via TomTom forum: How To: Report Map Errors Quickly and/or Permanently | TomTom Forum and Community

Map Share™ Reporter

8. Blissedout

Blissedout Member

I report speed limit sign errors in the Driver Display using the National Tesla Service email. ([email protected]) I try to include exact locations. I have been pleased with the improvements. After several emails the speed limit signs in the Driver Display on the New Jersey Turnpike seem to be pretty good. I did not notice any issues on my latest trip. The NJ turnpike has no signs on the side of the road, only overhead electronic signs that HW 1 is not supposed to be able to read. So I recommend using the email, not the bug report.

9. Blissedout

Blissedout Member

If I remember correctly another forum indicates that TomTom is used for speed limits but not for navigation. HW 1 uses the on-board Navigon maps for that. HW 2 is starting to use other map providers. And hopefully soon HW-1 will also. The map on the touchscreen is from Google but the traffic information is from another provider. Supercharger info is from a Tesla in-house database. And Tesla software has to merge the data from all these sources. It is simpler just to email Tesla National Service, [email protected], with your issue and let them contact the correct data provider.

10. Reeler

Reeler 7th Year of Pure EV

My AP1 car reads speed limit signs on a frontage road adjacent the freeway in several spots in town. It is very annoying.

11. scottf200

scottf200 Active Member

Thank you for your response. I was just thinking about the speedlimit and a direct, faster, and less manual method. I emailed ServiceHelpNA prompted by your post and I will see what they say. Thanks.

12. Freedom101

Freedom101 Member

All of my speed limits are 1.6 times faster than they should be on my display. It's a bug apparently in Canada and it is super annoying. Ie: 100km/hr speed limit shows as 160km/hr on the display.