Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GPS - SPEED LIMIT SIGNS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there any way to submit updated data for speed limit signs that are either not being captured by GPS data or are incorrect ?

My guess is no since I believe Tesla is using a 3rd party source for this data but wanted to make sure

Can this be used to report them (since Tesla switched data providers from Navigon to TomTom, right?). I would think so. Link via TomTom forum: How To: Report Map Errors Quickly and/or Permanently | TomTom Forum and Community

Map Share™ Reporter

Roads change by up to 15% every year. To ensure the best navigation experience, TomTom does everything in its power to create the best maps. Your reports help us to detect changes in your area and keep future versions of our maps as accurate as possible.

I report speed limit sign errors in the Driver Display using the National Tesla Service email. ([email protected]) I try to include exact locations. I have been pleased with the improvements. After several emails the speed limit signs in the Driver Display on the New Jersey Turnpike seem to be pretty good. I did not notice any issues on my latest trip. The NJ turnpike has no signs on the side of the road, only overhead electronic signs that HW 1 is not supposed to be able to read. So I recommend using the email, not the bug report.

Can this be used to report them (since Tesla switched data providers from Navigon to TomTom, right?). I would think so. Link via TomTom forum: How To: Report Map Errors Quickly and/or Permanently | TomTom Forum and Community

Map Share™ Reporter
If I remember correctly another forum indicates that TomTom is used for speed limits but not for navigation. HW 1 uses the on-board Navigon maps for that. HW 2 is starting to use other map providers. And hopefully soon HW-1 will also. The map on the touchscreen is from Google but the traffic information is from another provider. Supercharger info is from a Tesla in-house database. And Tesla software has to merge the data from all these sources. It is simpler just to email Tesla National Service, [email protected], with your issue and let them contact the correct data provider.

If I remember correctly another forum indicates that TomTom is used for speed limits but not for navigation. HW 1 uses the on-board Navigon maps for that. HW 2 is starting to use other map providers. And hopefully soon HW-1 will also. The map on the touchscreen is from Google but the traffic information is from another provider. Supercharger info is from a Tesla in-house database. And Tesla software has to merge the data from all these sources. It is simpler just to email Tesla National Service, [email protected], with your issue and let them contact the correct data provider.
Thank you for your response. I was just thinking about the speedlimit and a direct, faster, and less manual method. I emailed ServiceHelpNA prompted by your post and I will see what they say. Thanks.