Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Great CPO buying experience

Model 3 Mid range vs 2015 Model S 70D 44.9Kmiles (Both at same cost)

• Model 3

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Model S

Votes: 17 70.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my 2015 Model S 70D with 44.9k miles on it. AP1, 5y warranty and Black color @ $39.6k.

Pictures they shared were aweful, the interiors had stains. I still went ahead and bought it since the price was enticing.

When I went to the delivery center, I was pleasently surprised that they made the car look like a new one. I was very happy and took the delivery. No issues and drives pretty well.

Now the bad news is, Tesla relased its Model 3 mid range one, which costs the same after tax credits.

I live in bay area, Just FYI

Attachments

• IMG_7706.jpg
    IMG_7706.jpg
    400.2 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_7707.jpg
    IMG_7707.jpg
    401.4 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_7708.jpg
    IMG_7708.jpg
    565.2 KB · Views: 146
I just picked my CPO up. Very cautious after hearing some bad horror stories. But my 2015 85D was almost brand new. One small scratch on the rear door.

I spent about an hour looking it over. Got down on my stomach to look underneath it and was very pleased.

The only funny thing is that since I am in texas, I had to leave the property to make a payment online. I had to get off the property so the payment could be processed in another state.

Look at the build quality of the M3. It’s atrocious. Gaps everywhere, poorly wrapped lining, interior feels like cheap Chinese junk net of the touchscreen. Model S isn’t to the caliber of a BMW or Mercedes by any means in build quality but it feels like a luxury car.

Definitely model S.

Reactions: shiftkenny
Be cautious of using the EV-CPO website. You might fall in love with a car halfway across the country. If you dont mind planning a roadtrip, go for it, but they wont ship it to you or release it to a 3rd party to get it to you. You can sort based on location though.

lol Opinion on 2015 vs 2014?
I was in the very similar boat until this morning. Price range under $46,000, 4 yr/50,000 mi warranty, free supercharging, AP1, and close to where I am at (Raleigh, NC) were the must have in my situation. Today, I paid a deposit to one car that matched ALL conditions that I listed (including local pick-up at Raleigh, NC. This has been impossible for my 3 months long search) after seeing the photos from advisor.

Good luck finding yours!

I was in the very similar boat until this morning. Price range under $46,000, 4 yr/50,000 mi warranty, free supercharging, AP1, and close to where I am at (Raleigh, NC) were the must have in my situation. Today, I paid a deposit to one car that matched ALL conditions that I listed (including local pick-up at Raleigh, NC. This has been impossible for my 3 months long search) after seeing the photos from advisor.

Good luck finding yours!

Everytime i request photo's from the tesla website it takes like 3 days to get em lol