Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Green/grey bar in cluster always full

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, been enjoying my 22 MS(LR) that I took delivery back in the end of April, done about 5600 miles and have some longer trips planned for the near future.

Recently I have noticed that the bar at the bottom of the instrument cluster screen that indicates discharge and regeneration is always full, and just changes color between green to grey depending if I am on throttle rather than expanding and contracting in size like it is supposed to. I have noticed this twice now, the first time I didn't think too much about it, certainly will be monitoring the issue and ask my partner who I share the car with to do the same.

I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this or has an idea if this indicates an issue with the car beyond some sort of single purpose sensor failing? Or am I just missing something? I havent really had any other issues with the car but sometimes the software behaves in unexpected ways usually involving the automatic driver profile changing between myself and my partner, sometimes it forgets to adjust the mirrors or toggles a setting like auto lock. I dont believe it it related.

2022 MSLR: Same thing for me. I reset with the scroll wheels and it works for a while but then the problem recurs.

Don't know if it's related, but also had the drivers display go completely black while driving for about 15 seconds before turning back on and behaving as normal.

Had it at Telsa service yesterday for the buzzing (which should be fixed shortly with the next software version) and told them about the black screen. They said the screen may need to be replaced and have already ordered on for a future appointment at the end of the month.

Just a quick update after receiving the latest software and returning from my trips, now at 7500 miles and have not experienced the issue again. Hopefully just a visual software bug since several of us experienced it

I have a 2022 Tesla Model S Plaid and this is happening to me as well. I have reset the car with the scroll wheels and the problem has returned even after the latestest update 2022.36.6. I called my Tesla service center and they seem like they havent hard of this problem.

I have a 2022 Tesla Model S Plaid and this is happening to me as well. I have reset the car with the scroll wheels and the problem has returned even after the latestest update 2022.36.6. I called my Tesla service center and they seem like they havent hard of this problem.
My car is in service for this right now '22 MSLR. They're telling me it'll be fixed in a future software update. I basically asked, "how can it be a software issue if only some people on the same version with the same car are experiencing it."

To be fair, it's a pretty new service center and they don't seem like they know what they're doing.

Reactions: zoomer0056