Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Green Light Detection - Too Fast!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Happy Monday, guys! Has anyone else been using the "green light detection" beta feature? I like it, but it audibly "dings" far too quickly - almost instantly when the lights turn green. Come on Tesla, give us a second to two at least, haha.

In all seriousness, what's the best way to quickly share feedback like this with Tesla? Great feature, but it should be used more if you're not paying attention for a second or two. :(

In the bigger picture, I hope Tesla is at least thinking about how to let drivers program in their driving style and preferences. The Apple approach to just dictating one way to do it doesn't translate well to FSD, especially when it comes to aspects of defensive driving. There's currently no sign that Tesla will let drivers enter their preferences, nor automatically learn from your driving style.

Reactions: Gsxr150
Happy Monday, guys! Has anyone else been using the "green light detection" beta feature? I like it, but it audibly "dings" far too quickly - almost instantly when the lights turn green. Come on Tesla, give us a second to two at least, haha.
I'm guessing you've never driven in south Florida. ;) We drove from Miami to Marathon (and back) a couple years ago and found that we had less than a second after the light turned green before the cars behind us would start honking.

• Funny
Reactions: KenC
In the bigger picture, I hope Tesla is at least thinking about how to let drivers program in their driving style and preferences. The Apple approach to just dictating one way to do it doesn't translate well to FSD, especially when it comes to aspects of defensive driving. There's currently no sign that Tesla will let drivers enter their preferences, nor automatically learn from your driving style.

Troubleshooting problems with a fleet that has a million different cars that all learned to drive differently would be an insane nightmare- that's just not going to happen.

Eventually we might see a few specific settings similar to the ones we have for NoA right now ie mad max and such, but that's about it.

Reactions: Hank42
Troubleshooting problems with a fleet that has a million different cars that all learned to drive differently would be an insane nightmare- that's just not going to happen.

Eventually we might see a few specific settings similar to the ones we have for NoA right now ie mad max and such, but that's about it.

Are you saying that a software company that can't get

Even though Tesla can't get the software for their wipers to work correctly, nor anything else software controlled, I still believe they can do it!

I have to agree with OP on this one. I found myself deliberately creeping before the light turned green just to avoid the warning chime, so I just turned it off because that's a bad habit.

I'd be happy even with 1 second which if I'm watching the light I can easily beat. Even 2 seconds would avoid irritating the person behind me. If someone behind me honks in less than 2 seconds after the light turns green, I will probably stay on the brake for at least 2 more :p because their honking irritates me.

My car gives about a half-second between the light changing and the 'bing'. This is plenty of time for impatient folks.

As an aside, I've seen enough people running red lights that my general personal policy of "never be the first one into an intersection" serves me well (so long as I am not the only car present).

Reactions: lUtriaNt