Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Green New Deal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have the least efficient healthcare system in the developed world. Our govt agencies are precluded by legislation from acting as the buyer on the 50% of healthcare that we pay for. 50% of all healthcare spending in the US is already govt spend and in Germany or France that would be sufficient to fully pay for all healthcare treatment for everyone.

Our system is mind boggling bad. Just mind boggling.
US medical industry is completely corrupt. Delivers the worst health at highest cost of any developed country.

Our system is mind boggling bad. Just mind boggling.
US medical industry is completely corrupt. Delivers the worst health at highest cost of any developed country.
You don't like the health care system put in place by the Democrats without a single Republican vote?

Trust the Democrats though - the "human infrastructure" bill ("infrastructure" polls better than "Green New Deal") they are poised to pass without a single Republican vote will be different. This one you are going to like.

You don't like the health care system put in place by the Democrats without a single Republican vote?
The lack of support by the Republicans meant it would be more of a compromise than it could have been. Imagine if some Republicans had pushed for universal health care, counteracting the corporate Democrats who really wanted business as usual and watered down the legislation? Single payer is the only rational solution, something every other developed country has already figured out.

Trust the Democrats though - the "human infrastructure" bill ("infrastructure" polls better than "Green New Deal") they are poised to pass without a single Republican vote will be different. This one you are going to like.
Our US medical industry is the product of many years of corruption of politicians. There is no effective oversight of costs or services. Medicare is the best run insurance but it is hobbled by political interference to prevent it from controlling costs and services. Drug prices are a prime example. Every other country controls drug prices the in the US, drug companies have bribed politicians to prevent regulation. Same goes for devices, procedures and services. Drug companies, hospitals, insurance companies, device makers, etc. all bribe politicians to protect their obscene profits and ineffective products.
You really can blame any one entity. Our "freedumb" capitalist system is totally corrupt.

At a time when real wages for workers have not gone up in almost 50 years, when over half our people live paycheck to paycheck, when over 90 million Americans are uninsured or underinsured, when working families cannot afford childcare or higher education for their kids, when many Americans no longer believe their government represents their interests, the US Congress must finally have the courage to represent the needs of working families and not just the 1% and their lobbyists.

At a time of unprecedented heatwaves, drought, flooding, extreme weather disturbances and the acidification of the oceans, now is the time for the US government to make certain that the planet we leave our children and future generations is healthy and habitable. We must stand up to the greed of the fossil fuel industry, transform our energy system and lead the world in combating climate change.

While this budget is less than I had wanted, let us be clear. This proposal, if passed, will be the most consequential piece of legislation for working people, the elderly, the children, the sick and the poor since FDR and the New Deal of the 1930s. It will also put the US in a global leadership position as we combat climate change. Further, and importantly, this legislation will create millions of good-paying jobs as we address the long-neglected needs of working families and the planet.

Are Bay Area hospitals complying with new price transparency rule?
Not a single one of the eight California hospitals, including Stanford Hospital and UCSF Helen Diller Medical Center at Parnassus Heights, analyzed in a new report by the nonprofit Patient Rights Advocate (PRA) comply with a price transparency rule that requires medical centers to post standard charges and other information online so that patients can more easily figure out the cost of their health care upfront. The report found that just 5.6% of 500 hospitals across the country comply fully with the rule, which took effect in January.

‘My savings were gone’: millions who lost work during Covid faced benefit system chaos

Workers across America faced long delays in receiving unemployment benefits as state systems were quickly overwhelmed with the mass influx of applications that caused months-long backlogs. Meanwhile, workers who made errors on their applications, had missing records or had their claims flagged had their benefits stopped – and often had difficulty restarting them once problems were resolved. About 9 million Americans are estimated to have lost work due to the pandemic but received no unemployment benefits.

‘My savings were gone’: millions who lost work during Covid faced benefit system chaos

Workers across America faced long delays in receiving unemployment benefits as state systems were quickly overwhelmed with the mass influx of applications that caused months-long backlogs. Meanwhile, workers who made errors on their applications, had missing records or had their claims flagged had their benefits stopped – and often had difficulty restarting them once problems were resolved. About 9 million Americans are estimated to have lost work due to the pandemic but received no unemployment benefits.
When I read this stuff, and see SO many lived beyond there means, meaning they had NO savings, I just shake my head! Just like in the great depression, the folks that saved had no issues, the ones who elected to live paycheck to paycheck were impacted. And before you beat up on me, if any of these folks as an example have a fancy cell phone, well, ......

the ones who elected to live paycheck to paycheck
Typical backwards thinking. Few people "elected" to live that way, they had jobs which barely covered their expenses, even those who worked multiple jobs. There was a time when an average family could survive comfortably with a single wage earner because wages were high enough. Conservatives love to push the narrative of lazy people spending money on things they don't need, and while there is a small percentage of those the fact is that people are working harder now with higher productivity while being paid less. When 40% of Americans can't afford a $400 emergency it's not because they are all throwing away their money on junk.

When I read this stuff, and see SO many lived beyond there means, meaning they had NO savings, I just shake my head! Just like in the great depression, the folks that saved had no issues, the ones who elected to live paycheck to paycheck were impacted. And before you beat up on me, if any of these folks as an example have a fancy cell phone, well, ......
I think you don't understand that a lot of people live paycheck to paycheck because their paychecks are barely adequate to cover basic living expenses. There is no excess to save.

I think you don't understand that a lot of people live paycheck to paycheck because their paychecks are barely adequate to cover basic living expenses. There is no excess to save.
Of course, you could live in a one room furnished apartment and eat canned beans, but then you would be no better than an indentured servant or slave.

Status
Not open for further replies.