Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Green Tesla S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
*shrug* it's clearly a dark green, but not quite black.

Depends on the light you catch it in.

(Black Model S shown for comparison, don't @ me about how black that green looks. LOL)

black S.jpg
37f7f2ba-55c0-47e4-9745-4680e5519f5a.jpeg

I was so excited to get my CPO green. Its non-AP but I totally didn't care. I wanted green so bad but thought my restrictions were too harsh (85 kw battery, lots of must have options, and a lowball price). Fortunately they found two meeting my criteria and I purchased one of them and couldn't be happier. Every time I bring it into the service center I get loads of comments by the techs on the color, it's just so rare. You can definitely tell the lighting really affects the color of the green seen (included two pics)

Unfortunately my car is in the body shop. My wife hit the edge of the garage and damaged the bumper (has to be replaced). Been sitting about a month at the body shop waiting for parts. I miss my car...

IMG_20170121_164757.jpg

IMG_20170120_183224.jpg

I was so excited to get my CPO green. Its non-AP but I totally didn't care. I wanted green so bad but thought my restrictions were too harsh (85 kw battery, lots of must have options, and a lowball price). Fortunately they found two meeting my criteria and I purchased one of them and couldn't be happier. Every time I bring it into the service center I get loads of comments by the techs on the color, it's just so rare. You can definitely tell the lighting really affects the color of the green seen (included two pics)

Unfortunately my car is in the body shop. My wife hit the edge of the garage and damaged the bumper (has to be replaced). Been sitting about a month at the body shop waiting for parts. I miss my car...

View attachment 298358

View attachment 298359

I wonder if you ended up with @Pollux's first S. He had a 2013 Green, but got a new one, I think, last year.

IMO the original blue and green were too dark. There should have been more contrast with black. They lightened the blue up a bit and the current blue does look like a different color from a black car. I shared a supercharger with a 2013 Green S once. I took a picture of the car and it looks kind of a dirty black in the picture. The owner said he still had an A version battery and he was limited at superchargers to 90 KW.

Green has fallen out of favor as a car color. You could get olive greens for a while, but even those have died out for the most part. Now the trendy color is orange, which hurts my brain. I liked the mid-90s green Subaru used. My SO had a first generation Outback in that color.

As I have the dark blue in an AP1 car, I of course, disagree. I really like that effect! In fact, the green would have been my other choice. Different Strokes for different folks. That's why there are choices I guess.

I wonder if you ended up with @Pollux's first S. He had a 2013 Green, but got a new one, I think, last year.

Maybe! I got it in January of last year w/ 49k miles on it. It was shipped from chicago (could be the place of sale, but tesla may move CPOs around I don't know). If the history is correct the person sold it/returned leased, etc. at the end of 2016 (I think it was september? can't remember now).

If it is, I need to thank @Pollux for selling it cause i love my car.