Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gridserve Charger Sites in UK [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
at this point its clear they aren't just broken or they would have been fixed. Either it is some sort of contractual dispute or an issue with power supply and they cut off Tesla first to preserve the supply to their own chargers I would guess. I was a bit surprised they fitted them in the first place. Not sure what was in it for them. Maybe they make all their money on the over priced coffee?
Doesn’t bode well for the future Gridserve sites with “X branded chargers”.

on that note, anyone swung by Norwich East yet? Rumoured of breaking ground a few weeks back (in a deleted GS tweet) but seen nothing since.

Take Tesla money for Capex and then cut them off? Surely no reputable business intentionally goes down that path.

Isn’t it a bit more likely something technical was spec’d wrong or a paperwork consent/application error and it just takes time to fix it they’re all arguing who should pay to fix it. Contractor A, Subby 1, Subby 2, Client A, Client B, Conusuktant Z, Insurer G, etc etc.

Take Tesla money for Capex and then cut them off? Surely no reputable business intentionally goes down that path.

Isn’t it a bit more likely something technical was spec’d wrong or a paperwork consent/application error and it just takes time to fix it they’re all arguing who should pay to fix it. Contractor A, Subby 1, Subby 2, Client A, Client B, Conusuktant Z, Insurer G, etc etc.
Gridserve have probably sent and email to Tesla and are waiting for a response. That would more than account for the delay based on my experiences with Tesla. I'm still waiting for the mudflaps that I ordered in December.

• Funny
Reactions: Fred2 and CMc1
This was interesting

* ecotricity charging app doesn’t work on them
* users directed to Gridserve for a receipt
* serial number of charger (top-right) “GS100..”

= Gridserve with a bit of ecotricity branding

2A8E865A-AF26-4206-AC45-A45A2C2B10FE.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Bantam and Cardo
I think what Gridserve is doing is great. But I do think a more holistic approach needs to be taken by Moto et al with these services. The idea of EVs is to help the environment, but if in doing so they create a vast, tarmacked area like this, they destroy biodiversity in the area and create huge surface runoff issues - flooding etc. I would love to see one of these companies use semi-permeable surfaces, and reinforced grass parking spaces etc. There is a way to build that is not so destructive.

It appears that Gridserve Norwich is now under construction, with contractors on site at the location near Broadland Business Park.

Looks nice too, a bit different to Braintree, which I visited yesterday. https://secure.broadland.gov.uk/MVM.DMS/Planning Application/755000/755767/20201193 2020_06_12 Design Access Statement.pdf

It has 8 bays clearly intended for Superchargers, but I don't think these have been confirmed by Tesla yet?

Nice to have it coming to East Anglia, not that I'll likely use it much with it being so close to home!