Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Group buy - MPP front rotors for RWD and AWD (Non Performance+)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been purchasing products from MountainPass Performance and can vouch for them. I currently have their page mill 2 piece rear rotor kit which has been great. Link to this kit here where you can read about the specs. I've been interested in getting a set for the front but they have not been offering them. After talking with them for a bit, they have proposed to sell a batch if they can secure 10 buyers as interest has increased on these. My current rear MPP rotors have shaved off 3.79 pounds on each side in the rear (I measured as well and their #'s are correct on their listing regarding the savings). The front should likely be about the same or possibly more over OEM, and then factor in the rotational mass for increased savings. I'm currently running 11.8's in my AWD+ with this setup and lightweight TSW Nurbergring 18" wheels. I'm hoping with these and some further weight reductions elsewhere I could probably dip into the 11.7's.

So if you would be interested in this buy so I can also buy, feel free to respond on here.

rotors.png

What it looks like on my dirty car currently:

IMG_20200210_211453.jpg

IMG_20191008_170540.jpg

Would the fronts be the "big brake kit" or the regular kit? I'm interested in the pricing but the normal pricing is way beyond what I would pay. I don't track my car so those would be only moderately useful to me. P3D- so I am on 18" wheels.

It would be nice if someone came up with a big rotor kit and caliper bracket for the front that wasn't stupid expensive even if there wasn't a weight savings. I think some won't mind a little performance/range penalty to get the look of bigger brakes without the $500/rotor cost when regular one-piece rotors can be bought all day long for $50-70/each.

• Love
Reactions: TJ73
I have a P3D and do not want to change rims, is this the only option available?
Also will swapping rotors decrease stopping distance?

Thanks everyone - very close to putting down my deposit but I need to know if this will improve my lack luster brakes.

I have a P3D and do not want to change rims, is this the only option available?
Also will swapping rotors decrease stopping distance?

Thanks everyone - very close to putting down my deposit but I need to know if this will improve my lack luster brakes.
We have stock diameter replacements for both the base brakes and Performance Upgraded Package brakes! It greatly improves cooling, but not stopping distance.

MPP now has prototypes for the front's. OEM front's weighed in at 21 pounds and these MPP front rotors weigh in at 16.55 pounds for a weight savings of 4.45 pounds each.

Photo of the new front MPP rotors mounted below.

image.png

Production is a delayed due to CV lockdown causing manf shutdown but could possibly be back up in the next few weeks.

MPP now has prototypes for the front's. OEM front's weighed in at 21 pounds and these MPP front rotors weigh in at 16.55 pounds for a weight savings of 4.45 pounds each.

Photo of the new front MPP rotors mounted below.

View attachment 534550

Production is a delayed due to CV lockdown causing manf shutdown but could possibly be back up in the next few weeks.

Our supplier just reopened, we should have these sent out for anodizing at the end of the week!

Do these push the wheels out slightly further too?

The hat thickness is so close to the stock non-Performance rotors that I wouldn't count it as a difference.