Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Group buy opportunity" for reasonably priced Mud Flaps (Model 3)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Funny, I has the same thought about those month lead time "made in China" ones and posted this in another mud flaps thread...
"Please let us know how the one's you ordered work, post pictures, etc. Since those are very flexible/rubbery, also give us your thoughts on whether or not you think grit can get between the "wrap around lip" and paint causing damage to the paint, etc. :confused: This is one reason why I went with the ones that I did, for now... No PPF on my car so I need the protection NOW! :p"

Edit: Given the "cup-like" design, I would also assume there will be a "range hit" on those - especially on the highway/freeway, one which these Tsolutions units are purported not to have

SEE POST #60, all - Goal reached!

I'm going with the flat ones mainly because they are not noticeable in profile view.

Funny, I has the same thought about those month lead time "made in China" ones and posted this in another mud flaps thread...
"Please let us know how the one's you ordered work, post pictures, etc. Since those are very flexible/rubbery, also give us your thoughts on whether or not you think grit can get between the "wrap around lip" and paint causing damage to the paint, etc. :confused: This is one reason why I went with the ones that I did, for now... No PPF on my car so I need the protection NOW! :p"

The paint was pretty scuffed when I took the contoured mud flaps off. I don't know about the ones for the Model 3, but the OEM Nissan and Honda contoured mud flaps were hollow in the contour part, so dirt and grime just accumulated in there. We were selling the cars and I took the mud flaps off because they looked pretty scuffed themselves. After I saw what the paint underneath the flaps looked like, I put them back on.

• Informative
Reactions: Phlier
The paint was pretty scuffed when I took the contoured mud flaps off. I don't know about the ones for the Model 3, but the OEM Nissan and Honda contoured mud flaps were hollow in the contour part, so dirt and grime just accumulated in there. We were selling the cars and I took the mud flaps off because they looked pretty scuffed themselves. After I saw what the paint underneath the flaps looked like, I put them back on.

I think that will be the same issue with the China made ones as well... We have to wait for the reports to come in.... or not, since we will have our non-damaging-the paint set installed long before! :D

Group Discount Code is "IN" - See below

This from Mike, and he extended the discount to the tail light lenses as masks! Thanks Mike!

“Hi John

I have the discount coupon code for you - tsolutions15. Please let
everyone know on both forums.

It is active now for the splash guards and the tail light masks, if
anyone is interested. Please let everyone know that with our recent
surge of orders, shipping of new orders will be delayed by about 7
days while we restock material. The coupon code will expire on Friday, 7/19 at
midnight.

EDIT: Some of the orders will ship right away, but not all. Apparently, some "jumped the gun" and didn't want to wait for the Group Buy discount - and just ordered them at the full introductory price... "O ye, of little faith..."

Last edited:
Reactions: tkc9789
I'd be curious to know how many of you took advantage of the tail light mask discount as well?! I will get a set, 'cause they are not much money after the discount, just to try them out - even though I'm not a "Chrome delete" kinda guy... Will post a review on that as well - after install. ;)

All: Please post in this thread when you place your order as well as post install review w/pictures. Many thanks to all the faithful pioneers that waited for the Group Buy process to run its natural course! :eek:

EDIT: For those of you who didn't have the "stones" to wait, but placed an order for full price (to beat the mad rush), we would like to hear from you as well! :)

Group Buy code located in Post #72

Last edited: