Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Group buy opportunity" for reasonably priced Mud Flaps (Model 3)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s just 7am here in Seattle and I see quite a few “Ins” since I went to bed last night. :cool: To all you, thank for checking “in”! :) I think we are getting close to 20, where Mike would publish the group buy order code (or I would post it on his behalf). :D Let’s try to get there today so we all can get our mud flaps quickly!

Please see post # 26

If my count is right, we are at 17 "IN", and need three more... o_O Is my count correct, can someone check me? Are there at least three more of you out there that want to join us all ordering today at the group buy price?

EDIT: I also started a thread on the "blog-like" Tesla Forum, in efforts to get us to 20 quicker. :eek: Already there is one "IN" over there, so that makes 18, I think? Still need someone to double check my count here as well! ;)

EDIT #2: I plan on trying Mike's Tail Light masks as well - and will see (after we complete the mud flap "Group" buy) if Mike would be interested in doing something similar there (group buy, that is). So, if that's something you're interested, hold tight and don't "pollute" :p this Mud Flaps thread with comments on that just yet, more than I have already! :oops: I will start a new thread for that, once I hear back from Mike. In the mean time....
Tesla Parts and Accessories - Products

Last edited:
These are still flat pieces of plastic. I would happily pay more for a set that contoured to the wheel well. Most automakers sell very nice OEM mudflaps. I am posting a pic of OEM Honda mudflaps to show what I expect from Tesla (or an aftermarket Tesla parts company). I personally don't want to use a flat piece pf plastic on my car, no matter how inexpensive it is.

Attachments

• 08P00-TA0-100.jpg
    08P00-TA0-100.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 124
  • Disagree
Reactions: untilcomplete
These are still flat pieces of plastic. I would happily pay more for a set that contoured to the wheel well. Most automakers sell very nice OEM mudflaps. I am posting a pic of OEM Honda mudflaps to show what I expect from Tesla (or an aftermarket Tesla parts company). I personally don't want to use a flat piece pf plastic on my car, no matter how inexpensive it is.

Thanks and I agree - they just don't exist now ;), and I (and others) want to protect our rocker panels now - rather than letting them get trashed/chipped "waiting for the perfect flap to eventually arrive" (if it ever does). For $34.95, I'll take these now. Should the Honda-like flap ever materialize, at a decent price, I could always flip over, as these $34.95 group buy sets use existing OEM holes and mounts - NO DRILLING or associated rust from bare holes. I also like the quick delivery with these for the same reason. Those "from China" ones take nearly a month to get delivered, and there are still ZERO reviews or pictures from TMC members.

Back to "Group buy" thread content now, please... :)

Those look horrible. I don't think these are worth $34.95 but for something made in the USA, functional, and discreet, I'll buy it.

The contoured ones do exists already. eBay search is your friend. They are all over now. Quality likely v iffy.. likely no better than cheapo rubber scuba fins.

Back on topic.... Bought these from TSolutions a while back via Amazon at about 10% off the regular price without any special GB discount. They arrived a few weeks ago and collecting dust until the Fall when I will give them a try.

Also have the Cali and Midwest ones from the Canadian competitor (the original Model 3 mud flaps designer) who I helped develop the MidWests in terms of size, look on car and fit.

Will try them all and sell or toss the ones I don't like. All these things are cheap enough to be expendable or find a seco d home.

The problem with these countered ones is that they touch & cover the paint on the side of the wheel opening. Over time they will scratch the paint for sure. Would not have them on my car for sure.

I would happily pay more for a set that contoured to the wheel well. Most automakers sell very nice OEM mudflaps. I am posting a pic of OEM Honda mudflaps to show what I expect from Tesla (or an aftermarket Tesla parts company). I personally don't want to use a flat piece pf plastic on my car, no matter how inexpensive it is.

Had some of the OEM contoured ones for our Nissan Murano/350Z and a Honda Accord. They do like nice, but when I took them off, they were filled with dirt and grime. Didn't realize how much paint fade we had until I removed them and the color underneath the mud flap was noticeably darker.....

Had some of the OEM contoured ones for our Nissan Murano/350Z and a Honda Accord. They do like nice, but when I took them off, they were filled with dirt and grime. Didn't realize how much paint fade we had until I removed them and the color underneath the mud flap was noticeably darker.....

Funny, I has the same thought about those month lead time "made in China" ones and posted this in another mud flaps thread...
"Please let us know how the one's you ordered work, post pictures, etc. Since those are very flexible/rubbery, also give us your thoughts on whether or not you think grit can get between the "wrap around lip" and paint causing damage to the paint, etc. :confused: This is one reason why I went with the ones that I did, for now... No PPF on my car so I need the protection NOW! :p"

Edit: Given the "cup-like" design, I would also assume there will be a "range hit" on those - especially on the highway/freeway, one which these Tsolutions units are purported not to have

SEE POST #60, all - Goal reached!

Last edited: