Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Group Buy Poll for Mono-Block Forged Alloy Wheels by Titan

What size what you prefer for Mono-Block Forged Wheels for the Model 3

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update:

I did confirm that each run is 40 pieces minimum...

Here are the specs I provided to Titan 7 for the first two runs in the T-S5 setup.

1. 19 X 8.5 with +35 ET
2. 19 X 9.5 with +45 ET

This will allow for those who are interested in staggered setups and those with square setups this pushes the wheel outboard towards the fender. These also happen to be the exact specs that Tesla provides in the staggered setup.

I am not a distributor and I asked Titan7 to align me with one, so I dont have to get in the middle of the deal...

Hmm based on the feedback above I wonder if the 19 x 9.5 45 et would fit the fronts with 265/35 rubber all around? Looks like the backs would fit fine. Whos going to try it first? Otherwise I'll have to go with the 19 x 8.5 +35 all around and deal with the bulge. Wonder how significant this bulge would be?

Hmm based on the feedback above I wonder if the 19 x 9.5 45 et would fit the fronts with 265/35 rubber all around? Looks like the backs would fit fine. Whos going to try it first? Otherwise I'll have to go with the 19 x 8.5 +35 all around and deal with the bulge. Wonder how significant this bulge would be?

Either set up will push tire width out .75" on one side and .35" on the other side, depends on which side you want the extra meat?
Wheel Offset Calculator

The 45mm offset will introduce more negative scrub while the 35mm offset will introduce more positive scrub
on a RWD vehicle you would rather add positive scrub.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Xenoilphobe
Either set up will push tire width out .75" on one side and .35" on the other side, depends on which side you want the extra meat?
Wheel Offset Calculator
Well, either would be acceptable. I'll probably never lower more than 1" I am just first trying to understand if they both would fit.

Secondly, if both fit, would the narrower rim bulge look strange? I have seen stretched tires, they look a bit funny, but dont recall seeing slightly too narrow rims with wide tires. The 19x8.5 ET35 would certainly be lighter than the x9.5 ET45, with the advantage of the wider track as well

Last edited:
Well, either would be acceptable. I'll probably never lower more than 1" I am just first trying to understand if they both would fit.

Secondly, if both fit, would the narrower rim bulge look strange? I have seen stretched tires, they look a bit funny, but dont recall seeing slightly too narrow rims with wide tires. The 19x8.5 ET35 would certainly be lighter than the x9.5 ET45, with the advantage of the wider track as well
Minimum recommended wheel width for 265 wide tires is 9 inches, I have read that people put 265’s on 8.5” wheels but I would not do it

• Informative

Minimum recommended wheel width for 265 wide tires is 9 inches, I have read that people put 265’s on 8.5” wheels but I would not do it
I wouldn't put 265s on 8.5" wheels either. When you squeeze a tire on to a smaller width rim than it was designed for, it changes the tire shape which can lead to some odd wear and handling characteristics. In my experience, driving a car at the limit is more difficult when the tire is squeezed onto a skinnier rim. Rather than a nice gradual breakaway, the tires tend to let go abruptly and then catch, then let go, then catch, and repeat. It's not a smooth way around the corner and tends to slow you down. With 265s, I'd want 9.5" or 10" wide wheels for best handling.

• Informative
Yea, I was just thinking the same, I definitely want good looks but handling should not suffer, thanks for the advice.

Makes sense that the contact patch would start to deform under too narrow or wide conditions, and cause unstable behavior.
I think I'd like a 265/35-19 square set up as well. There's a good selection of tires in that size and I think that it would give the best handling overall. The 19x9.5 with 45mm offset should work well assuming that nothing runs on the inside on the front. If so, a 5mm spacer sounds like it should be enough to take care of that issue. Someone will have to try it to find out for sure.

Reactions: ElectricGhost
I think I'd like a 265/35-19 square set up as well. There's a good selection of tires in that size and I think that it would give the best handling overall. The 19x9.5 with 45mm offset should work well assuming that nothing runs on the inside on the front. If so, a 5mm spacer sounds like it should be enough to take care of that issue. Someone will have to try it to find out for sure.
Here's one are where space is limited (20x8.5 performance wheel/tire in the picture):
20180811_173914.jpg

• Informative
Hmm, and according to tsportline, the factory 20" rims are +35 mm, so that 265/35x19 45 et will be 0.94", or 0.75" closer to the strut depending if you use the 5 mm spacer. Definitely looks like 0.94" of space would be tough to find, though could be just a bad angle. I'd be curious to see a measuring scale there. Sounds to me like the +40 or really +35 ET might be better for my perfect 19x9.5 square setup with that 265/35-19. Like was pointed out above its a really popular size, and is 1.1" wider per corner, that's a good amount more rubber.

I just really hate using spacers, especially when looking at 2200-2400 for a set of wheels. I am requesting the +40 et in the 19x9.5 size, but could be convinced by some measurements in a picture like that.

According to the link posted above, going from the 235/45x18 et +40 (Stock Aeros) compared with 265/35x19 +40 ET would be 0.55" more tire further out, and inward. Diameter is a perfect match with stock, and a balanced amount of tire added to the inside and outside of each corner looks good. It looks like it would fit as well but it would be close.

• Informative
Oh wow that is promising looking, looks like 0.75" more tire would fit, not sure about 0.94" though. Need a measuring tape in that photo.
can't get a tape in there but...
First bottle is 5/8" in diameter, post it notes are 3/8" thick and the last pic is 7/8" bottle just to give you an idea whats going on with clearences, it is tighter than what looks like in the picture before I had reference materials in there, tires have 9,200 miles on them so when new it looks like 3/8" was max clearence for anyone wanting taller tires.
fullsizeoutput_f1f.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_f21.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_f22.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: 240W and FlatSix911
So what you provided them is for a staggered setup or can square also be done? I’m not looking to do staggered and just want some good looking 18’s or 19’s.
Its for both, it allows us to mix and match, if you want squares, just get 4 of the 19 X 8.5 ET35's if you want staggered get 2 of each size, if you want wider squares get 4 of the 9.5's.... so it hits a nice cross section of the market space... I also like that these are the spec sizes Tesla uses for the staggered setup

model 3 tire and off set staggered and square.png

First bottle is 5/8" in diameter, post it notes are 3/8" thick and the last pic is 7/8" bottle just to give you an idea whats going on with clearences, it is tighter than what looks like in the picture before I had reference materials in there, tires have 9,200 miles on them so when new it looks like 3/8" was max clearence for anyone wanting taller tires.View attachment 325116View attachment 325117View attachment 325118

Awesome pics, thanks!

From those pics you are showing a 235/40x19 at 40 ET with 7/8" Clear inboard. It looks like the 265/35x19 might just barely fit on the 19x9.5 at +45. They are no taller, but the tire would be 0.75 closer inboard. Its probably too marginal to call without seeing the fitment of the +45 and that wide section of tire, but I am hopeful

Id definitely bite on a +40 offset, for my ideal square and wider setup. I might bite on the +45 as well, just making sure things before before committing.

Last edited:
First bottle is 5/8" in diameter, post it notes are 3/8" thick and the last pic is 7/8" bottle just to give you an idea whats going on with clearences, it is tighter than what looks like in the picture before I had reference materials in there, tires have 9,200 miles on them so when new it looks like 3/8" was max clearence for anyone wanting taller tires.View attachment 325116View attachment 325117View attachment 325118

Awesome!
This gives us a great idea of how much space there is

Not that I’d ever do it, but in theory, based on the calculators, if you lowered the car by about 1.5-2” (UP moderates/low, or coilovers), you can fit 275/35/19 on 19x10 +35 or so, without hitting the inside and outside rim (at the top) doesn’t go past the fenders.

Now for the rears, I’m looking at the wheel well, I’m guessing maxing out may even fit 11, maybe 11.5 wide (if lowered)