Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Group Buy Poll for Mono-Block Forged Alloy Wheels by Titan

What size what you prefer for Mono-Block Forged Wheels for the Model 3

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick update - finally have an email thread going with Evasive Motorsports who has agreed to be the distributor for the Tesla specific wheels.... More to follow now that I am back in town from travel this week... also shared this thread with them as well as specifics on Offset requests, tire size (must fit a 265 - which may push us to have a minimum of a 9 inch wide wheel...and +35 ET.... in 19's also talked to them about an 18 inch as well for the weight freaks like me... and discussing the best option for staggered 9.5 vs 10 and +45 vs +35.... as well as color and wheel options... as well as support to the model S in 19, 20, 21 all forged... more to follow...

Quick update - finally have an email thread going with Evasive Motorsports who has agreed to be the distributor for the Tesla specific wheels.... More to follow now that I am back in town from travel this week... also shared this thread with them as well as specifics on Offset requests, tire size (must fit a 265 - which may push us to have a minimum of a 9 inch wide wheel...and +35 ET.... in 19's also talked to them about an 18 inch as well for the weight freaks like me... and discussing the best option for staggered 9.5 vs 10 and +45 vs +35.... as well as color and wheel options... as well as support to the model S in 19, 20, 21 all forged... more to follow...
On the 18s--I assume you're thinking a square set up, correct? If so, would it be 8.5" or 9"? I originally said I wanted 19 staggered, but I'm not entirely settled on it.

Reactions: AnarchyEOD
I like the idea of the 19" staggered with the Tesla recommended offsets as I feel like this set up would be the best balance of handling and performance.
I could run the 245/40/19 and 275/35/19 more aggresive tire set up or the stock recommended 235/40/19 265/35/19 for a more conservative and probably slightly better range package.

Reactions: Blu Angel
Photoshop-ed Model 3 on Titan 7. This is how they'll probably look in silver which is a finish I hope they add to their offering.

Attachments

• Model 3 Titan 7.jpg
    Model 3 Titan 7.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 4,855
Reactions: Redwood and debuggr
Evasive Motorsports has agreed to be the distributor for the Tesla specific wheels....
specifics on Offset requests, tire size (must fit a 265 - which may push us to have a minimum of a 9 inch wide wheel...and +35 ET.... in 19's also talked to them about an 18 inch as well for the weight freaks like me... and discussing the best option for staggered 9.5 vs 10 and +45 vs +35.... as well as color and wheel options... all forged... more to follow...

Xeno,
I'm now switching from 19" staggered to 19" x 9" squared as per Sasha's recommendation (MPP)
suggested offset +30
Wonder if I can run 245's on the front and 265's on the rear with this square set-up?

"For the best handling performance, I would actually stick with a square setup. 9" +30 with those wheels is going to hurt your range pretty badly, but that is a good size for performance!

I think 9" +30 is a good fit all around. But for the street a bigger rear wheel and tire does look pretty awesome!"

Agreed, square all the way. No way i'm reducing performance, range, and utility for the look of wider tires.

Yeah the look is really nice. I know nothing about wheels. Would be up for something different lighter and getting the aero to increase range rather than decrease for looks/handling. All for the track folks getting what they want/need. Any decline in range would be a deal breaker for me. More range would make me pull the trigger. Less or same makes me pause for the $ spent.

I kind of need this to happen soon. Don't want new tires on the 18's I have. Want snow tires for 18's. Getting closer with 15k on the 3 makes me think I might need sooner than later.

Yeah the look is really nice. I know nothing about wheels. Would be up for something different lighter and getting the aero to increase range rather than decrease for looks/handling. All for the track folks getting what they want/need. Any decline in range would be a deal breaker for me. More range would make me pull the trigger. Less or same makes me pause for the $ spent.

I kind of need this to happen soon. Don't want new tires on the 18's I have. Want snow tires for 18's. Getting closer with 15k on the 3 makes me think I might need sooner than later.

I doubt you'll get more range than the stock aero. It is specifically designed for range.

What kind of wheels are these? I don't see them on Titan's website.

I doubt you'll get more range than the stock aero. It is specifically designed for range.

These are the ones I am referring to. Lighter aero designed wheel. I can't imagine someone making an aero wheel if it isn't going to be as good as the 18' aero stock both in handling and efficiency. This at the current time seems like a one off for a special customer if you go back through the thread it is the blue wheel at beginning.. This would be the only interest for me. Minus the blue.

Yes I saw that design, while I am no aero expert. My guess is that design won't be as aerodynamic as the stock wheel base on number of openings, opening edge shapes and size of opening.

It would be really awesome if their 18 inch can be used with the aero cover from Tesla. Or make a cover of their own and snap on for road trips.

Just emailed Evasive and they are quoting the original $2400 number and the original offset and size of
19 x 8.5 +35 and
19 x 9.5 +45
Quoting 2400 plus shipping and tax. I thought we were going to be closer to 2K?

I'll probably hold off until someone else makes the 265 fit on the front with 19 at ET +45.

Just emailed Evasive and they are quoting the original $2400 number and the original offset and size of
19 x 8.5 +35 and
19 x 9.5 +45

I'll probably hold off until someone else makes the 265 fit on the front with 19 at ET +45.

Not familiar with the manufacturer, but that's not a bad price for custom wheels.

19 x 8.5 +35 and
19 x 9.5 +45

It’s because we are tesla owners so they think we are rich. That’s a ripoff because the other wheels they have there are 1800ish.... if they are going for $2400 no thanks they can pound sand