Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Group Buy Poll for Mono-Block Forged Alloy Wheels by Titan

What size what you prefer for Mono-Block Forged Wheels for the Model 3

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wonder if I can run 245's on the front and 265's on the rear with this square set-up?
If you are not running the same width tire on front and back then it is no longer a square setup by definition since that is what's touching the ground and thus affecting performance and handling characteristics. The road does not see the rim. So that would be a staggered setup. You would not be able to rotate and you might get some under-steer. If you're going that route, you might as well get the rear wheel bigger to fit the tire properly and not have it bulge out.

Its not custom, its supposed to be a group buy. Those are average for single rim although a bit high.
This manufacturer Titan 7 has almost no pedigree, but are trying to be a successful rim manufacturer. TM3 is not produced yet, thats the only reason they are custom. In 6 months they will still have the dies to press these as production continues to ramp up.

Both Titan and evasive make money at $470 each in a 18 x 8.5, Granted this rim has more material in it. I'd like to see group buy prices of $2k, $2200 max and $2400 seems ok for single rim or car purchases.

Xeno,
I'm now switching from 19" staggered to 19" x 9" squared as per Sasha's recommendation (MPP)

"For the best handling performance, I would actually stick with a square setup. 9" +30 with those wheels is going to hurt your range pretty badly, but that is a good size for performance!

I think 9" +30 is a good fit all around. But for the street a bigger rear wheel and tire does look pretty awesome!"

Yeah, 19" x 9" wiith +30 offset

Agreed, square all the way. No way i'm reducing performance, range, and utility for the look of wider tires.

Vines, Thx for enlightening me! I'm square.

I vote 19x9 as well, offset between 30 to 35. You can put either 245 or 265 tires easily on 9 inch. For staggered setup, 19x10 should be pretty good.

Barnet, will stick to 245's all around to enable 4 wheels rotation!

they look to be right around $1900 for the 19 size already available

Kev, music to my ears!

Its not custom, its supposed to be a group buy. Those are average for single rim although a bit high.
This manufacturer Titan 7 has almost no pedigree, but are trying to be a successful rim manufacturer.

Vines, the operative word is "GROUP BUY"
By collectively agreeing to probably purchase 20, 30 or even 40 sets of Titan 7 forged wheels, the GROUP gets a discount! Titan gets unheralded FREE advertising!

Titan 7 will undoubtedly benefit with all the free publicity, various photos of Titan 7's on Tesla 3 wheels, and
the incomparable word-of-mouth generated by the Happy TM3 buyers!

Reactions: Xenoilphobe
Xeno,
I'm now switching from 19" staggered to 19" x 9" squared as per Sasha's recommendation (MPP)
suggested offset +30
Wonder if I can run 245's on the front and 265's on the rear with this square set-up?

"For the best handling performance, I would actually stick with a square setup. 9" +30 with those wheels is going to hurt your range pretty badly, but that is a good size for performance!

I think 9" +30 is a good fit all around. But for the street a bigger rear wheel and tire does look pretty awesome!"

I talked to some guys at work today and they told me exactly the same thing - go square especially with AWD....

Break Break

more updates - we can get all colors but we need to nail down to 40 pieces all the same size and offset...

I just want these square in 18/19 at factory specs and black.... are the R10’s an option?

Attachments

• D4F8CC97-3240-48D7-AFCF-80AB4F9DEB93.jpeg
    D4F8CC97-3240-48D7-AFCF-80AB4F9DEB93.jpeg
    47.4 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
  • Informative
Ok guys going to open a new poll with colors and specs... sorry you have to vote again..... this is the first time I have organized a group buy, and I am learning about what the market demands are..... and how we can mix and match for 40 pieces per run with different colors within

Reactions: Blu Angel
Ok guys going to open a new poll with colors and specs... sorry you have to vote again..... this is the first time I have organized a group buy, and I am learning about what the market demands are..... and how we can mix and match for 40 pieces per run with different colors within

Xeno,

No problem!
It's really great to have you organize, research and speak to various Professionals to collate the
information needed in regards to both 18" and 19" wheels, wheels widths, 8.5", 9.0" and 9.5"
Throw in offsets from +30, +35 and +40 gives us many permutations

Perusing through this thread, I've learned quite a bit, as I presume other TM3 members have.

MY #1 CHOICE
Titan T-S5 in Satin Titanium
Wheel Diameter: 19" Square
Front Wheel size : 19" x 9.0"
Rear Wheel size: 19" x 9.0"
Offset: +30

Last edited:
I would like whatever is the largest width that would for sure fit in the front and then have that for the rears (square setup). Xenoilphobe have you talked to anybody with experience like Mountainpass Performance to see what is the largest width that would fit in the front without rubbing. I think we need to know what is the widest tire that can fit in the front without rubbing and then get a rim size to fit that tire not the other way around since the tire is more likely to rub not the rim unless you run stretched tires which would make no sense if the goal is to optimize (largest) tire surface area on the road.

Mountainpass on their site state they are running: 275/35 19 on 19×10 35 square
Could there really be that much room in the front?

Other setup is: 265/35 19 on 19x9.5 35 square

@atlas310

Absolutely.... this is a newer company (2017) for now that have two designs, but the truth is a quick software update to the milling machine is the only limitation on design if they already have the mono-block forge (largest expense) -- true? You got something in mind - you should send it to them for consideration... Eddie is really awesome to work with and seems to have a ton of experience....

Last edited: