Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Group Buy Poll for Mono-Block Forged Alloy Wheels by Titan

What size what you prefer for Mono-Block Forged Wheels for the Model 3

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for putting this together, these wheels look great and at an ok price. I'd definitely be interested in a set of the 19x9 or 8.5. square setup.

For those looking to go staggered "For performance" Are you hoping the straight line speed is better or the cornering ability?

Looks to me like a staggered setup would only promote understeer, and while nice and safe for an average driver, I'd much rather have a great turn in than a tenth or 2 in the 1/4 mile. What do others think?

Thanks for putting this together, these wheels look great and at an ok price. I'd definitely be interested in a set of the 19x9 or 8.5. square setup.

For those looking to go staggered "For performance" Are you hoping the straight line speed is better or the cornering ability?

Looks to me like a staggered setup would only promote understeer, and while nice and safe for an average driver, I'd much rather have a great turn in than a tenth or 2 in the 1/4 mile. What do others think?

I agree about messing with the balance, I really want 19 X 9.5 with 265/35 on all four, but it seems like this is questionable. I think a couple of people have done it, but it's not popular. I think it would give you the best dynamics possible and beef up the looks.

I like the idea of square setup, so I can rotate tires, lol

But it currently looks funny because the rears are sunken in more (would need maybe 5-10mm spacers) in order to look the same as the fronts

Stagger probably does induce understeer in theory, but I’d never go 10/10ths and the traction and stability controls will kick in long before anything happens

P3 would almost require stagger (like the gtr), currently 235 on the stock rear just won’t do imo

Reactions: debuggr
Tracks do not have huge potholes like Ohio roads in the winter so I wonder this myself. I71 between Columbus and Cincinnati, where the speed limit is 70 MPH, has been horrible over the past 6 months. When traffic in front of you don't avoid them it's hard to avoid them it yourself.

FYI, I plan on having a winter set of tires so I would possibly be interested in these for spring-summer-fall wheels if they could withstand substandard roads.

With forged wheels... you’d have to hit something so hard that you’ll have much bigger problems than a bent rim.

They are definitely Lighter and stronger. Cast rims are more likely to crack in a catastrophic event (like a underinflated tire hitting a deep pothole) where the forged rims are more likely to bend.

Not saying that these rims will bend easily, just that of failure modes, bending is much better than breaking.

I'm getting a P3D, so I will be taking the car to 10/10ths, and presumably race mode will be available before long.

I agree about messing with the balance, I really want 19 X 9.5 with 265/35 on all four, but it seems like this is questionable. I think a couple of people have done it, but it's not popular. I think it would give you the best dynamics possible and beef up the looks.

I was thinking of this exact tire size, but on a skinnier rim like the 8.5. What other posters have fitted these size under the fronts? Did they lower the car?

Not sure why there are users that are skeptical of "track" wheels. "Track" wheels are meant to be lightweight and strong to take the abuse. All this talk about the strength of these wheels, what about all of those who purchased replica OEM style wheels made for Model 3 spec? I'm sure the vendors who are selling them at $1000 a set are profiting so much over a cast replica wheel. Like most replica wheels, they can be found on aliexpress/alibaba for 1/5 of the price these vendors are selling "turbine style" wheels and label it "strong as OEM" or "OEM design".

@gilscales that is awesome. I was actually trying to figure that out. Also need one Model S volunteer too.. maybe opening another thread for 20's vs 21's from Titan also....

They told me on the phone when i called them that they already have 3 x model 3's in house to use but if you want some long range testing for range differences and some 0-60 dragy numbers and maybe 1/8 mile then I'm your guy, just need a set first!

For what its worth, you can buy an 18 x 9.5 with a 40 offset right now in this wheel for $470 ea. although it would not be hub centric as it comes with a 73mm bore.
From what I have seen on the video this should come in at 18.3 lbs. per Titan 7 facebook
Titan 7 T-S5 Wheel - 18x9.5 / 5x114.3 / Offset +40 (Satin Titanium) | Evasive Motorsports

Looks like that size in the T-R10 is 18.9 lbs.
TITAN 7 T-R10 Forged – RavSpec, Inc.

another site shows this particular wheel has a 690kg load rating
TS501895040511473ST | Titan 7 T-S5 Satin Titanium Wheel 18x9.5 5x114.3 40

I can imagine 265/35/19 pilot sport 4s on 19.5 lbs wheels and that comes out to about 45 lbs. per wheel all in! or 3 to 4 lbs. less than stock 19 sport wheel and tire combo while picking up 1.2" width and 88 lbs. per tire more on the load range.

Last edited:
For what its worth, you can buy an 18 x 9.5 with a 40 offset right now in this wheel for $470 ea. although it would not be hub centric as it comes with a 73mm bore.
From what I have seen on the video this should come in at 18.3 lbs. per Titan 7 facebook
Titan 7 T-S5 Wheel - 18x9.5 / 5x114.3 / Offset +40 (Satin Titanium) | Evasive Motorsports

Looks like that size in the T-R10 is 18.9 lbs.
TITAN 7 T-R10 Forged – RavSpec, Inc.

another site shows this particular wheel has a 690kg load rating
TS501895040511473ST | Titan 7 T-S5 Satin Titanium Wheel 18x9.5 5x114.3 40

I can imagine 265/35/19 pilot sport 4s on 19.5 lbs wheels and that comes out to about 45 lbs. per wheel all in! or 3 to 4 lbs. less than stock 19 sport wheel and tire combo while picking up 1.2" width and 88 lbs. per tire more on the load range.

Does a 9.5 fit on the front axle of a Model 3 - I was told no... you lose 13mm both on the inboard side (strut) and the outboard side (fender)

Screen Shot 2018-08-11 at 10.27.56 AM.png

Last edited:
Does a 9.5 fit on the front axle of a Model 3 - I was told no... you lose 13mm both on the inboard side (strut) and the outboard side (fender)

View attachment 324877

Yes
I know of 2 instances.
Here is GYW pic of someone running 18x9.5 all around
Get Your Wheels Aftermarket Wheels

I’ve also seen a 20x9.5 +30 front

There’s some wiggle room both on the inside and outside.

Edit: need to mention 9.5 +30 front is pretty aggressive, that car is lowered (which makes a difference on what offsets look on the car)

Last edited:
Reactions: Xenoilphobe
Update:

I did confirm that each run is 40 pieces minimum...

Here are the specs I provided to Titan 7 for the first two runs in the T-S5 setup.

1. 19 X 8.5 with +35 ET
2. 19 X 9.5 with +45 ET

This will allow for those who are interested in staggered setups and those with square setups this pushes the wheel outboard towards the fender. These also happen to be the exact specs that Tesla provides in the staggered setup.

I am not a distributor and I asked Titan7 to align me with one, so I dont have to get in the middle of the deal...

Update:

I did confirm that each run is 40 pieces minimum...

Here are the specs I provided to Titan 7 for the first two runs in the T-S5 setup.

1. 19 X 8.5 with +35 ET
2. 19 X 9.5 with +45 ET

This will allow for those who are interested in staggered setups and those with square setups this pushes the wheel outboard towards the fender. These also happen to be the exact specs that Tesla provides in the staggered setup.

I am not a distributor and I asked Titan7 to align me with one, so I dont have to get in the middle of the deal...

This seems like the perfect offset to me for a staggered set up with 245/40/19 and 275/35/19.
The front tires will be pushed out .35" and with 275/35/19 rear will be .55" further out

A post I read on this forum stated "The factory 18x8.5 +40 wheels are tucked in 17mm from the front outside fender edge and about 27mm in back."
with that info and these offsets then the gap to flush would be approx. cut in half.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xenoilphobe