Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GROUP BUY: T Sportline Lowering Springs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
T Sportline discontinued inventory of the Model S lowering springs for coil cars due to a lack of demand. I exchanged emails with Jon at T Sportline and they will order another run of the springs if we can come up with an order for 8 sets. So, if you have coils and would like to lower your ride height inline with the 'Standard' setting on the Smart Air Suspension cars while providing a slightly more aggressive stance without harming ride quality then lets band together and make this happen.

Link to springs on the TSportline website: Tesla Model S Lowering Springs

Description from website:
"Our Model S Lowering Springs improve the ride quality of the Tesla Model S by lowering the ride height by approximately 1″ (25.4mm) and improves handling for spirited enthusiasts and style minded drivers. Our Model S Lowering Springs are for Model S owners without the “Smart Air Suspension” option.

Application: 70, 75, 85, P85, P85+, 90.

Our lowering springs are incompatible with 60D, 70D, 75D, 85D and 90D."

Please reply here or DM me if interested

Do you know what does it cost to get them installed ? Any impact on Tesla warranty ?
Also interested in this. I might be an interested buyer, gotta get the boss (wife) on board. What's installation like? Can I do myself? I have access to a lift.
I've heard installation cost as low as $250 from one TMC member but I suspect this isn't realistic for most. I'd call local shops for quotes. Don't know about warranty other than I guess it's possible Tesla may not cover a strut failure should one occur.

Can you post some before and after shots?

I forgot to take a whole car before picture. But here is what I got. The first two, you could tell there's a one once difference. The ones with the yard stick are from ground to fender front and back. And then the car after the drop. Maybe I can raise the car 1 inch with jacks and take a picture.
IMG_20180502_101434.jpg
IMG_20180508_142250.jpg
IMG_20180508_080312.jpg
IMG_20180508_080418.jpg
IMG_20180508_094703.jpg

I forgot to take a whole car before picture. But here is what I got. The first two, you could tell there's a one once difference. The ones with the yard stick are from ground to fender front and back. And then the car after the drop. Maybe I can raise the car 1 inch with jacks and take a picture.
View attachment 299758 View attachment 299759 View attachment 299760 View attachment 299761 View attachment 299762

What are the skills required to do this yourself? I have access to a lift and probably have the tools. But I've never done this.

Here is a picture with the car jacked up to where it was before the drop and a picture after.
IMG_20180508_150509~2.jpg
IMG_20180508_150706.jpg

What are the skills required to do this yourself? I have access to a lift and probably have the tools. But I've never done this.

Well this is the second time for me. I did it to my Audi a couple of years ago, but there were couple videos to watch. The front struts on the tesla's are similar to other cars, so you can watch most videos and do it. The rear are a pain. Some say it's similar to Mercedes, but couldn't find any videos of any cars similar to ours. I kind of just winged it for the rear. Some videos say to just snug up the bolts and tighten it up with the car on the ground and off the jack/stands. If you have a friend that's done suspension type of work, I would suggest doing it together. I did it by myself, and all I had is my garage and regular jack/stands and regular tools, no pneumatic or battery tools

Disclosure: I'm no mechanic, but I am mechanically inclined. I like to work on my cars, engines, and various home projects. But then watching a lot of videos helps. I did try to document everything I did with this suspension work. It's not videos of me doing the job, but me showing the steps and pointing out the bolts and parts I removed.