TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Guess how much the damage cost to fix...

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Hota, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Max*

Max* Charging

Yeah, the door handles changed somewhere between 2013 and 2015, I thought they changed again (my 2015 has the new and improved handles. So improved that in 2 years I've had 3 of them die)

I gotcha.

2. Hota

Hota Member

Original estimate from adjuster was $1,005

Tesla approved body shop completed repairs for $4,422

This doesn't include the Opticoat which I was assured I would get reimbursed for once I get a quote and submit my original receipt. I'm guessing that will come to about $500 for that one side of the car.

The only part they had to replace was the reveal molding for about $650. No panels were replaced so the remaining cost was labor and paint materials.

• Informative x 5