Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Guess how much the damage cost to fix...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When i had my 2013 door replaced last month... it had a goodwill doorhandle that was given to me by the SVC in Jan of 2016 (to replace the original 2013 handle). I was told that the new door design (rear pass) needed a different door handle. Because of this... whatever the reason... I got a new door handle, and got to keep the old (new) one.

Make sense? It's kinda confusing lol
Yeah, the door handles changed somewhere between 2013 and 2015, I thought they changed again (my 2015 has the new and improved handles. So improved that in 2 years I've had 3 of them die)

I gotcha.

So spill the beans. How much was the cost? I say pretty pricey because like others have said, tesla do not repair, they replace. So you are looking at a rear quarter panel, 2 side doors. Since the are aluminum, I suspect they are quite expensive. Did you also claim the Opticoat as a cost? If would suck if you have to cover that cost to put it on again.

Original estimate from adjuster was $1,005

Tesla approved body shop completed repairs for $4,422

This doesn't include the Opticoat which I was assured I would get reimbursed for once I get a quote and submit my original receipt. I'm guessing that will come to about $500 for that one side of the car.

The only part they had to replace was the reveal molding for about $650. No panels were replaced so the remaining cost was labor and paint materials.