Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Guesses on "token of appreciation" for line waiters tweeted by Elon Musk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think silver looks great on Mars
nuCFFOz.jpg
I think you can lose the rear view mirrors...

Any news on the Interstellar Ion Drive SuperCharger Network? I may need to top of before going to Alpha Centauri. But an IPS at $ 2.5m, is a bargain, so I'm definately interested.
They've narrowed it down to either Inductive or Conductive charging alternatives.Charging stations will be placed on Asteroids or suitable comets. However many believe life was originally brought to earth, seeded if you will, from compounds found in comets, so if you do attempt to recharge on a comet you do so at your own peril..

Where industry and innovation goes, the government will be sure to be right behind with taxes and regulations.
If SpaceX is the first to land on Mars, I would argue that that are the government of Mars. Certainly US law has no jurisdiction on Mars, and (I would argue) neither do any UN auspices. Whomever set's up first is free to declare independence from Earth rule.

.... and all that remained in the box was "Hope".

If SpaceX is the first to land on Mars, I would argue that that are the government of Mars. Certainly US law has no jurisdiction on Mars, and (I would argue) neither do any UN auspices. Whomever set's up first is free to declare independence from Earth rule.

.... and all that remained in the box was "Hope".

I suggest a quick Google search on International Space Law.

Apparently the UN got ahead of the power curve on this one back in the early 60s.

Unfortunately, Elon cannot declare himself Emperor of Mars.....UNLESS he wanted to become the Dr. Evil-esque supervillain many claim he is.....

Reactions: Craig9080
...but can we hold democratic elections to elect him Emperor of Mars?

CEO of Mars as a corporate entity, maybe. When the treaties were written, commercial space flight and exploration wasn't a thing, so they didn't make contingencies for that scenario. It was mostly a Cold War thing to stop us and Russia from planting flags all over the universe, like some dog on a street full of freshly painted fire hydrants.

Schwag would be schweet but as others have suggested exclusive dibs on a few paint options would be fun. Maybe at a discount?

Just not brown, ok?

(ETA Now see this is what happens when you read the first page of a thread and then lose the will to live with the prospect of reading the following eleven and just post; your reply gets dropped right at the end and you sound like you suffer from ADD.

So... Mars)

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: silentsnow31802
I suggest a quick Google search on International Space Law.

Apparently the UN got ahead of the power curve on this one back in the early 60s.

Unfortunately, Elon cannot declare himself Emperor of Mars.....UNLESS he wanted to become the Dr. Evil-esque supervillain many claim he is.....
Actually the 1967 OST is only applicable to signatory entities. So while the US would be forbidden (as a signatory member nation) from "Claiming Mars", nothing in the language reasonably prevents an individual from doing so. That being said, it's logical that the UN would not recognize any such claim, but I would argue that UN recognition becomes moot upon a Mars colony becoming self-sustaining. Only Hubris would allow any Earth based govt entity to claim executive authority over other planets without a presence. To prepare the human society for future actions, I'm thinking Elon should start meme building, perhaps a Model 3 color option called "Martian Red"?

Reactions: NoEggs