Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Guesses on "token of appreciation" for line waiters tweeted by Elon Musk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FYI...someone on reddit posted this.
“I was at a Tesla store yesterday and one of the reps said they got an email saying day one reservation holders would be receiving a Tesla diecast of their exact car.”

A second poster confirmed they heard the same thing

Wooo! If that’s it then I guessed right! The diecast Model S that Tesla sells is $210. Figure the wholesale cost is maybe closer to $160 or so? A $150+ gift for me waiting in line for a few hours for a car I had not even seen yet? I will happily take that!

Wooo! If that’s it then I guessed right! The diecast Model S that Tesla sells is $210. Figure the wholesale cost is maybe closer to $160 or so? A $150+ gift for me waiting in line for a few hours for a car I had not even seen yet? I will happily take that!

You would be happy with that? IMO I feel like it is kinda lame like the picture we got.

I would have preferred one of the other things being speculated on here. But I guess if it has real value, then maybe.

“I was at a Tesla store yesterday and one of the reps said they got an email saying day one reservation holders would be receiving a Tesla diecast of their exact car.”

Hmm...that would be perfect if it was small enough to carry in a pocket or purse, and is able to lock/unlock the doors, trunk, frunk with a button push or passively.

Will early Model 3 owners also have Alcantara in their something-special model cars? ;)

You would be happy with that? IMO I feel like it is kinda lame like the picture we got.

I would have preferred one of the other things being speculated on here. But I guess if it has real value, then maybe.

In all honesty I would have been happy enough just with an exclusive t-shirt or something like that. Anyone thinking of things like free supercharging or something else that would cost Tesla more than $200 per line waiter is not being realistic.

If it is indeed a diecast Model 3 and if Tesla never ends up selling them and they become exclusive to Model 3 line waiters then they could potentially have some value as a “rare” collectible.

In all honesty I would have been happy enough just with an exclusive t-shirt or something like that. Anyone thinking of things like free supercharging or something else that would cost Tesla more than $200 per line waiter is not being realistic.

If it is indeed a diecast Model 3 and if Tesla never ends up selling them and they become exclusive to Model 3 line waiters then they could potentially have some value as a “rare” collectible.

True enough. I'm honestly just happy that there will be something. It doesn't matter to me if it's expensive, or enhances the value of the car, although that would have been nice. Elon said there would be something, and so I hoped only for him to stick to that.

Reactions: PoitNarf

Yeah I agree. I honestly wasn’t expecting anything, considering what they are dealing with and how far behind they are.
Was thinking it was a “founders” badge on the car or something.

Someone on reddit pointed out this Elon tweet from 2 years ago when someone asked if it would be a scale model 3. I guess we just happened to ignore this at the time?

EDFC8EC0-FEBC-4E2B-8300-6011739D04A7.jpeg

Twitter