Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Guestimating Tesla "invitation to configure" heuristic

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Because people still think that just because they actually waited in line that (a) Tesla knows that, and (b) they deserve something special (higher priority). And in fact, neither of those are true.

You just described the consept of a wait list, then said we don't "deserve something special" like higher priority. Ever been to the supermarket? Ever waited in line? Were the people in the front of the line getting "something special"?

You just described the concept of a wait list, then said we don't "deserve something special" like higher priority.

I didn't say you didn't deserve something special. I said Tesla doesn't know the difference between the line-waiters from the walk-ups. Therefore, there can be no special priority for "line waiters". But I still see people who were the line waiters thinking they should have received higher priority and/or a "special gift".

Let me rephrase: Line waiters probably get higher priority over walk-ups at the same store only because they made a reservation earlier. But there are likely lots and lots of walk-ups that received higher priority than line-waiters simply by the fact that they were at a different store and one had a long line, and the other didn't, so the walk-up had an earlier reservation date than the line-waiter somewhere else.

I didn't say you didn't deserve something special. I said Tesla doesn't know the difference between the line-waiters from the walk-ups. Therefore, there can be no special priority for "line waiters". But I still see people who were the line waiters thinking they should have received higher priority and/or a "special gift".

They don't need to know the difference. All they need to do is distribute the cars in the sequence they were reserved, within reason (i.e. logistically possible). Honor the wait list.

Not that hard, but Tesla excels at making something easy into something complicated (*cough* gullwings *cough*).

• Love
Reactions: Garlan Garner
There are only 2 kinds of reservationists.....waited in line or online <-------where did I say anything about walkups?

You didn't. The point is, there is no distinct group of "line waiters", there are only "reveal day in-store reservations." Show me how Tesla knows exactly who are the line waiters separate from the walk-ups?

Tesla knows who the line waiters are <-----still didn't say anything about walkups.

Exactly. You left out an entire group of people indistinguishable from the line waiters.

You keep calling them "line waiters" when there is no such group.

You didn't. The point is, there is no distinct group of "line waiters", there are only "reveal day in-store reservations." Show me how Tesla knows exactly who are the line waiters separate from the walk-ups?

Exactly. You left out an entire group of people indistinguishable from the line waiters.

You keep calling them "line waiters" when there is no such group.

Ok...lets stop here... I'm not responding anymore.

I believe line waiters include walkups.....I don't distinguish a difference. Who cares how long the line was....one person or 100. Who cares? What about those in a wheel chair....do they have their own group now?

There is no difference.

There are line waiters ( ORDERED IN THE STORE) and online ( ORDERED ONLINE ). Period.

You can call it whatever you want. I'm done.

If they absolutely do know and "it's not even a question", please tell me how they would differentical an actual "line waiter" from someone who just walked into a store after the last "line waiter" had reserving their car? Or the next person one minute later? Or the person after that two minutes later? As far as the data is concerned, those last three people are indistinguishable from the last actual line waiter would could have been waiting in line for hours.
Gawd... you are taking the term "line waiter" far too literally. When people use that term, all they mean is people who reserved in-store on the first day. Whether they literally "waited" a day or did not "wait" at all is irrelevant. They reserved in-store before general online reservations opened. That's all is meant by the term. Sheesh.

Tesla knows exactly who those people are, because their reservation was made through the IP address of a Tesla store on 31st March.

• Love
Aaaaa..yup ;)

Ordered my 3 in January, have neighbors who literally stood in line on Day 1 (I know I need to define this clearly now, LOL) and am wondering who will get theirs first as they are not a current owner. I am waiting for AWD, so that will likely impact it.
So far as I know .... "You" will certainly get your opportunity to configure first, however it will indeed be interesting as to who's car is ready first.

BTW...you don't have to clarify the line waiting gibberish. That was a ludicrous conversation.

Reactions: NewTMSMan
So far as I know .... "You" will certainly get your opportunity to configure first, however it will indeed be interesting as to who's car is ready first.

BTW...you don't have to clarify the line waiting gibberish. That was a ludicrous conversation.
I don't know about a ludicrous conversation. I think it skipped that and went straight to Maximum Plaid! LOL!

Dan