Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Had a Tesla Service Center Experience... But...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the seven years I drove my Roadster, ALL my service was done by a Tesla Ranger who came to my house. A couple of times it was to repair something. Mostly it was the annual maintenance.

ETA: Shame on Tesla for interrupting the OP's NetFlix viewing! :)

Good to know. My X always went into the service center for his stuff but he didn't have much to do which was good news. And we are in LA and up until the 3 was released, you could easily get into the service center and get stuff done. Not so easy now.

I see you are in Hawaii so maybe that is why? Lucky you!

Either way, I didn't realize they had the guys coming out that long. Awesome!

EXACTLY. LA is filled with Model 3s and Teslas in general so yes it can be difficult to get a service appointment.

FYI...They have started doing remote service calls where they send a truck to you instead of having to go into the service center. This depends on what is going on though- as you might guess. This has been helping from what I have heard from my X who needed service on his S.
Santa Clara is kind of the epicenter for Teslas. I’m not far away in Redwood City, and about every sixth car seems to be a Tesla these days. So, I’m not sure that theory works out too well. Either way, sounds like they have a Tesla to service department ratio in equity...

Found this link for the Model S/X - windshield wiper & cabin air filter replacement - my son is getting the filters and we'll DIY

This is an absolutely ridiculous process to change cabin air filters. Jeebus what a clusterf**k.

In every car I've owned over 30 years, changing cabin air filters was at most a 10 minute job that required removing maybe one or two covers or trim pieces, and required no tools.

Good to know. My X always went into the service center for his stuff but he didn't have much to do which was good news. And we are in LA and up until the 3 was released, you could easily get into the service center and get stuff done. Not so easy now.

I see you are in Hawaii so maybe that is why? Lucky you!

Either way, I didn't realize they had the guys coming out that long. Awesome!

When I owned the Roadster I was in Spokane, WA. The first two years they sent a Ranger out from Seattle. They charged $1/mile ($600 total) for mileage for the annual maintenance, in addition to the cost of the service. (I knew this when I bought the car.) There was no mileage fee for warranty work. After the first two years they put a Ranger in Spokane and I no longer had to pay mileage.

They have a Ranger stationed here in Maui, but so far I've never needed anything, so I've had no contact.

And, yes, lucky me! Maui is paradise. Almost every morning I spend an hour to an hour and a half in an outrigger canoe out on the calm warm water. Most of those days I'll jump in the water and splash around a bit when we stop to rest. In winter we see humpback whales. If anybody reading this visits Maui, PM me and I'll tell you how you can come out paddling with us.

Reactions: RachH
When I owned the Roadster I was in Spokane, WA. The first two years they sent a Ranger out from Seattle. They charged $1/mile ($600 total) for mileage for the annual maintenance, in addition to the cost of the service. (I knew this when I bought the car.) There was no mileage fee for warranty work. After the first two years they put a Ranger in Spokane and I no longer had to pay mileage.

They have a Ranger stationed here in Maui, but so far I've never needed anything, so I've had no contact.

And, yes, lucky me! Maui is paradise. Almost every morning I spend an hour to an hour and a half in an outrigger canoe out on the calm warm water. Most of those days I'll jump in the water and splash around a bit when we stop to rest. In winter we see humpback whales. If anybody reading this visits Maui, PM me and I'll tell you how you can come out paddling with us.

That sounds AMAZING!!!!! I have been to Kaui, Oahu and the Big Island but have not made it to Maui yet. I may take you up on your offer. Awesome!!

That sounds AMAZING!!!!! I have been to Kaui, Oahu and the Big Island but have not made it to Maui yet. I may take you up on your offer. Awesome!!

That would be very nice.

My first two visits to the state were on the Big Island. I was underwhelmed. Then I came to Maui and loved it. I've not yet been to any of the other islands, but in a month and a half I will spend a night on Lana'i.

Sorry for the digression.

Reactions: RachH
I was at the Tesla Service center in Santa Clara for the AC smell problem!

They said it will take 4 hours and the cost was about $180 USD. I signed and went to the lobby.

I got free coffee and connected to the free wifi with my iPad and started to watch Netflix.

BUT!!!!! I was interrupted after 1 and 1/2 hours of watching and enjoying my shows by a Tesla Service staff stating “Your car is finished and your bill is on us today. Just need to pay for the filters.” Can’t hate too much.