Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Had your car removed and delivered to someone else for Q2 sales waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Didn't find out until 2 hours before scheduled delivery on 6/30 that delivery had been canceled over the weekend. 7/3 assigned new VIN. Still don't have delivery date. Supposedly will be fresh off assembly line. Haven't been able to find out why original VIN unassigned. Tesla said pre production problems, but didn't explain what that means.

Didn't find out until 2 hours before scheduled delivery on 6/30 that delivery had been canceled over the weekend. 7/3 assigned new VIN. Still don't have delivery date. Supposedly will be fresh off assembly line. Haven't been able to find out why original VIN unassigned. Tesla said pre production problems, but didn't explain what that means.

I have had this happen 4 times now. Only once did I get a call that they had to reschedule. I live 75 miles from SC, so I am now calling the day before my delivery to ensure the car is on their lot. So far, I am unsuccessful.
It is "still stuck in Salt Lake". 6/29, 7/3, 7/6, 7/8 (likely going to be rescheduled).

So update. I just randomly got a call from my local Tesla to confirm our timeline for delivery and that they had us in the system as deferred until July 15th. I said that was not the case and explained why I had rejected the car prior (because of paint issues.) They said I'm listed back to get matched again and to be on the lookout for emails of a VIN...whenever that may be. (They didn't have any clue)

I find it odd that my account was deferred, however, I'm not surprised if it was done intentionally because while I was there, the advisor I worked with was not the friendliest and was very apprehensive that I didn't want the car.

Got some info from my SA. At first I was told starting July 1st, we would be priority and Tesla would start shipping cars to the east coast. Now I am being told they haven't received any VINs for customers at all, and that is pretty typical after a quarter end. He's hoping maybe in another week, but who knows at this point.

• Informative
Reactions: endizguyz
I was approved for financing through Tesla early May 2020 . I hope this long delay doesn't mean I'll have to reapply for financing
Got some info from my SA. At first I was told starting July 1st, we would be priority and Tesla would start shipping cars to the east coast. Now I am being told they haven't received any VINs for customers at all, and that is pretty typical after a quarter end. He's hoping maybe in another week, but who knows at this point.

Im in NY and I received my vin this morning. What that means for delivery is anyone’s guess at this point.

Mike

I was approved for financing through Tesla early May 2020 . I hope this long delay doesn't mean I'll have to reapply for financing

Regarding the financing thing.
I just realized that Tesla approved my Financing 3/20 . I called them today and they had to refresh my approval because my pre-approval had expired. I got another hard pull on my credit again Wow.
The advisor also said if its believed.
Tesla assignes Vins and removes them often. He said sometimes its because another car that fits your order may arrive sooner.
I said ooohhhh ok.
Seriously im done rushing this thing.
The longer it takes perhaps less issues right

Reactions: bethterry
Regarding the financing thing.
I just realized that Tesla approved my Financing 3/20 . I called them today and they had to refresh my approval because my pre-approval had expired. I got another hard pull on my credit again Wow.
The advisor also said if its believed.
Tesla assignes Vins and removes them often. He said sometimes its because another car that fits your order may arrive sooner.
I said ooohhhh ok.
Seriously im done rushing this thing.
The longer it takes perhaps less issues right

Sorry forgot to Add the good news about my pre-approval loan expiring.
I actually got a better rate
From 2.75% to 2.45% it all adds up

Anyone else in this situation still waiting for their VIN? Was told we would be priority, but we still have nothing. Our SA has been great in keeping up updated, but this updates are always "nothing yet"

LR AWD, Blue with black interior, 19" wheels, tow hitch

Anyone else in this situation still waiting for their VIN? Was told we would be priority, but we still have nothing. Our SA has been great in keeping up updated, but this updates are always "nothing yet"

LR AWD, Blue with black interior, 19" wheels, tow hitch

Got mine and scheduled for delivery on the 25th.

I am just a little worried because the vin assigned is 16xxx. Hope it is not a reject from the 2nd qtr push