Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Handover party for first 30 customer Model 3's on (July) 28th!"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many haven't changed their behavior and, from what I've heard, invites still went out.
I'm of the opinion that a referral is a referral... It's hard work to put together a YouTube video, market it to thousands of people, and motivate someone to buy a Tesla because of great content, info (I'm guessing this is how it happens 80% of the time anyway). But perhaps the new rule is a result of some other nefarious ways of referring... However a Tesla is still getting sold so I think it's always a plus. Could there be other ways of rewarding the Tesla faithful? Absolutely.

Reactions: FlatSix911
OK everyone! We were planning to go to the Tesla unveiling but plans just fell through. If anyone wants both tickets for $400 they're up for grabs, send me a PM
1f642.png
Had a couple people interested but nothing so far! Both tickets are available because it asks for a name for the 1st person and I can put anyone, and the guest doesn't require a name.

Attachments

• Tesla event.JPG
    Tesla event.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 102
  • Funny
OK everyone! We were planning to go to the Tesla unveiling but plans just fell through. If anyone wants both tickets for $400 they're up for grabs, send me a PM
1f642.png
Had a couple people interested but nothing so far! Both tickets are available because it asks for a name for the 1st person and I can put anyone, and the guest doesn't require a name.
I guess you are ignoring the first line that says "invitations are not transferable"

Reactions: SageBrush
1f642.png
So, you don't think they'll check the name and identification of the primary ticket holder to confirm he/she is on their invitation list?

I am certain they will do that, but as I have not entered a name for the primary ticket holder yet, anyone is able to claim it. Is my photo of the screen not visible?
Yes, but Tesla only sent invitations to those select individuals whom they wish to attend the event. It's not open to the general public. If you enter Joe Blow's name and info on that RSVP form, they'll know he wasn't someone they had invited and will reject that form.

Last edited:
I am certain they will do that, but as I have not entered a name for the primary ticket holder yet, anyone is able to claim it. Is my photo of the screen not visible?
My guess is that asking you to submit your name isn't because they don't know who they invited, it's a check that their invitation wound up in the right hands. If you put any name in there other than yours, I'd wager it voids the whole thing.

I'm hoping to have a win-win situation and the last thing I'd want is for someone to be unable to get in. There was a similar event for 5 referrals where they had an extended factory tour and Q&A with teslas head team. While that event also said ID's would be verified, they were very relaxed about it and (in the case of some other owner) they even let them bring in an additional person. What I can do is also send the ticket recipient a scanned copy of my license, that way if any question arises they have proof in that sense. Tesla could also call my number on file etc etc. In the unlikely event that someone is denied entry, as long as they could somehow show they were not in the event, I would provide a refund. But like the last event it's really a celebratory night and people are there to relax and have fun

The invite form fields are empty because you are not currently logged into your MyTesla account. If it works like all the others, it won't actually work until you are logged in, and then it will have your name in those fields.

They were very strict with the invites at the VIP Factory tour, checking driver's licenses, etc. I don't think having a photo-copy of the referers' license will work, but that's up to you to decide.

The Gigafactory tour OTOH they tried to be strict, but there were so many people in line, they gave up trying to "check people in" and were just handing out lanyards/badges to everyone. They just asked me "how many in your party".. and they just handed us the badges.

I do NOT suspect the M3 event will be the same.

YMMV.

It's hard work to put together a YouTube video, market it to thousands of people, and motivate someone to buy a Tesla because of great content, info (I'm guessing this is how it happens 80% of the time anyway)
Yes, I know... I do it every week. Thankfully, it looks like Tesla has clarified its position on referral code usage: Referral Program

...now to spend the next hour adding referral codes back into video descriptions.

• Funny
Reactions: DrivingTheFuture
Status
Not open for further replies.