Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hankook not available in UK until March!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Having got a puncture yesterday on the M4, which is not repairable, both Tesla and my tyre supplier have confirmed from Hankook that there are no replacements available in the UK until March!! WFT!!! How can they be supplying cars to a market where there are literally no replacement tyres available?

Looks like you have a M3 with 19".

Quick search on kwikfit in my area shows them as immediately available.
1705930734720.png

Have you really tried shopping around?

Reactions: thax1
Just put a different tyre on it? There is no requirement to replace with Hankooks again.

I’m pretty sure even Hankook themselves do a couple of different ones that fit.

Trouble is it's a lease vehicle, so has to go back with the same tyres. It looks like I'm probably going to replace all 4 with Michelin or Pirelli, keep the Hankook ones and order one for March, and then replace them before it goes back in 4 years, at which point they will almost certainly have needed replacing anyway. It isn't an issue doing it this way as it simply means I'm paying in advance for tyres which I will be replacing in the future anyway.

I would check Black Circles etc, they may have stock even though Tesla or Hankook say there are no supplies
I did do quite a bit of shopping around, as did the recovery guy who towed us off the M4, and the AA guy who ended up relaying us 200 miles home. I'm sure there's probably some about somewhere in someone's stock, but between us all we couldn't find anything.

You know the most annoying thing about the whole event was the amount of people driving past, sounding their horns, pointing and laughing, presumably assuming we had run out of charge or similar. Pretty annoying as in 4 years of Tesla ownership I've never had so much as a hiccup with the cars, and certainly not even been close to running out of charge (well not on a motorway anyway).

You know the most annoying thing about the whole event was the amount of people driving past, sounding their horns, pointing and laughing, presumably assuming we had run out of charge or similar. Pretty annoying as in 4 years of Tesla ownership I've never had so much as a hiccup with the cars, and certainly not even been close to running out of charge (well not on a motorway anyway).
Humans seem to try and validate their preconceptions. So much negativity in the press these days about how hard it it to live with an EV day to day. My neighbour some weeks ago made a point of telling me he saw a Tesla with a flat tyre. I didn't have the energy to get snarky about all cars getting flat tyres. And he drives Range Rovers which I believe have a propensity to catch fire of late!

I would check Black Circles etc, they may have stock even though Tesla or Hankook say there are no supplies

Apparently Micheldever Tyres which Black Circles et al often use have several ‘massive’ warehouses around iirc Bristol. When I spoke to the delivery driver re availability of Cross Climates several years ago, he said that even Michelin Uk get their tyres from them - presumably rather than direct from factory.

Reactions: Ray DG
Humans seem to try and validate their preconceptions. So much negativity in the press these days about how hard it it to live with an EV day to day. My neighbour some weeks ago made a point of telling me he saw a Tesla with a flat tyre. I didn't have the energy to get snarky about all cars getting flat tyres. And he drives Range Rovers which I believe have a propensity to catch fire of late!
And flip over if you take a corner with gusto.

Waiting for the latest Hankook IONs for my M3 19inch but not sure we'll see them in UK.

Apparently Micheldever Tyres which Black Circles et al often use have several ‘massive’ warehouses around iirc Bristol. When I spoke to the delivery driver re availability of Cross Climates several years ago, he said that even Michelin Uk get their tyres from them - presumably rather than direct from factory.
They are the largest tyre distributor in the UK so if they haven't got them almost certainly no one will unless you find a retailer than is holding stock (unlikely). Might be worth phoning their retail outlet in er Micheldever just to see if they can get them.