Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Mini dash display 5.16"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Who doesn't have the screen working? I saw one post from a guy with a new screen that was cracked, it still worked, just harder to read thru the damage.

I have great luck with my screen other than I sit too far back to see the bottom of the display.

Who doesn't have the screen working? I saw one post from a guy with a new screen that was cracked, it still worked, just harder to read thru the damage.

I have great luck with my screen other than I sit too far back to see the bottom of the display.
I see some with the blue lines working and some without. Do you have the blue lines working? What's your can and software version?

have been reading through most of this

Which unit does not block any AC?

Which unit provides autopilot warning

To me, thats the most important besides MPH

Make it simple, all the other information is on the center screen
This unit does not block AC since it is installed on top of the steering wheel column and this unit does have the blue autopilot warning. The MPH issue is not an issue and has been fixed. Not sure what all this confusion about the MPH/KPH display is a problem. The product pictures are old and the issue has been addressed.

So in the 20230330 latest firmware update, Hansshow fixed an issue where when you are using Autopilot and especially with UI1 with the lane keeping animation, when you have your hands off the wheel for a certain period of time, on the 15 inch screen you get that blinking blue light warning to retain control of the wheel. Well before the 20230330 firmware came out the display was not showing the same blue light warning. With the new 20230330 firmware, the blue light warning is working on UI1 but not on UI2 on the mini display just like the 15 inch display.

This youtube video below summarizes the issue with the lack of blue light warning on UI2. If you look at the 1:30 and 2:35 marks you will see the blue light warning on UI1. Then if you fast forward to around 4:25 and 8:00 you will see he tries the same test on UI2 and you can see the blue light warning only showed up on the 15 inch screen but not the 5.16 inch display. I wonder also now if UI3 has the same issue as UI2. My guess would be that UI3 would have the same issue as UI2. Hopefully this clears it up.
Hello,. Coud you please share the CAN file you have installed?

This is a newer version than available in the website

Hello,. Coud you please share the CAN file you have installed?

This is a newer version than available in the website
I just used the latest CAN file that is on Hansshow's website that is dated March 30, 2023. I don't know if there is any newer CAN update than this. However I used the April 23, 2023 firmware update file that has the latest bug fixes. You can find both of these links on Hansshow's websites.

Hansshow website for 5.16 inch display

March 30, 2023 CAN file

April 23, 2023 Firmware update file

Last edited:
Reactions: Mustangr
I just used the latest CAN file that is on Hansshow's website that is dated March 30, 2023. I don't know if there is any newer CAN update than this. However I used the April 23, 2023 firmware update file that has the latest bug fixes. You can find both of these links on Hansshow's websites.

Hansshow website for 5.16 inch display

March 30, 2023, CAN file

April 23, 2023 Firmware update file
Thx. After I installed this, I didn't get D211, only D210. They even have their website saying V10.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231003_193452_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20231003_193452_YouTube.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 80
I noticed since Tesla update 32.9. When using UI3 in dark mode, the words Power and charge disappear/flash while driving. but not in day mode. My best friend has the same 5.16 on his Model 3 and it does the same thing on his car since Tesla update 32.9
I also tried different can bus from 2 and it still did it.
It's not a deal breaker, I love the 5.16 vs my older 4.6 that i replaced with the 5.16.

Anyone else notice this?

I noticed since Tesla update 32.9. When using UI3 in dark mode, the words Power and charge disappear/flash while driving. but not in day mode. My best friend has the same 5.16 on his Model 3 and it does the same thing on his car since Tesla update 32.9
I also tried different can bus from 2 and it still did it.
It's not a deal breaker, I love the 5.16 vs my older 4.6 that i replaced with the 5.16.

Anyone else notice this?
Check the last post

• Helpful
Reactions: israndy