Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow 6.86" Mini dash display

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah im ok with the manual activation of the front camera to use it because I can imagine if you were waiting at a traffic light or in bumper to bumper traffic that the camera would always activate and you can't see your normal dashboard with all the useful information. How well did the 10.25 inch front camera/sensor activate? Was it too sensitive or not sensitive enough? I only need it when I am going to park in a parking lot and not have it activate at each stop that I have. In addition to the front camera the blind spot warning feature is also a cool addition to this display as well.

Its a bummer that I just got the 5.16" screen like 4 months ago otherwise I would just hope on this. Did they enable the OTA update feature yet or is that feature still disabled? I think part of my reason is that I wish they could just come up with a new product with the same features and bump this near an 8 inch screen and then I would really consider upgrading it now since that would justify jumping to a new product for 3 more inches of screen real estate.
Can’t say for sure - my 6.86” was bricked by that update, I was unable to get it out of the vertical display state. I’m waiting for a new PCB. There is also a CarPlay version releasing soon.

The 10.25” display had adjustable sensitivity for the camera. It works very well. Unless you really got on someone’s bumper it did not activate extensively. I loved that it activated after a quick shift from R to D, that was clutch!

I’m going to be testing a new full dash MSX style display this coming week, hoping it delivers, the potential is there. By now I really thought they’d have these displays perfected, I feel like they create new issues unnecessarily.

Can’t say for sure - my 6.86” was bricked by that update, I was unable to get it out of the vertical display state. I’m waiting for a new PCB. There is also a CarPlay version releasing soon.

The 10.25” display had adjustable sensitivity for the camera. It works very well. Unless you really got on someone’s bumper it did not activate extensively. I loved that it activated after a quick shift from R to D, that was clutch!

I’m going to be testing a new full dash MSX style display this coming week, hoping it delivers, the potential is there. By now I really thought they’d have these displays perfected, I feel like they create new issues unnecessarily.
Are you saying the July 27th update bricked your display? are there wide reports on that happening? I am assuming the update was installed in the proper order. At what point did it brick your display?
I just wish the system was smart enough to know there isn't a camera connected and doesn't switch to a blank display.
That sounds rather annoying. There is no way to lock the displays in place?

Do you actually have the 6.86 display with Android Auto installed?
Nope. I received one of the earlier ones when Carplay and AA weren't available.

It's not a bad unit, just certain things weren't ironed out. Like the airbag light staying on all the time, and the brake issue (exclamation point) light illuminating whenever the brakes are applied. Like, I don't need that light to know my brakes are on especially when I'm driving. C'mon @Hansshow

That sounds rather annoying. There is no way to lock the displays in place?
Sort of. You just have to make sure you don't cycle between the @Hansshow display and the camera (I think it's a long press of the right wheel). Otherwise it sits on a blank screen until you change it back or it times out.

Would be nice for the system to know there isn't a camera connected and not cycle to it.

Nope. I received one of the earlier ones when Carplay and AA weren't available.

It's not a bad unit, just certain things weren't ironed out. Like the airbag light staying on all the time, and the brake issue (exclamation point) light illuminating whenever the brakes are applied. Like, I don't need that light to know my brakes are on especially when I'm driving. C'mon @Hansshow
Have you tried messaging Hansshow about having a firmware update to address this issue along with your camera suggestion? I have seen videos of people who do reviews and they said that they sent feedback to Hansshow on potential firmware fixes that they should do and they said that Hansshow incorporated it (ex: having the double speed display)

Are you saying the July 27th update bricked your display? are there wide reports on that happening? I am assuming the update was installed in the proper order. At what point did it brick your display?
Not the July 27th update. It was an earlier build (it was 7-17 I believe, I got it from Hansshow before it was posted on the site to test on my unit, and do an upgrade tutorial on my channel, since it’s a lengthy process)

It didn’t “brick” my display in the sense that it was dead - it left my display stuck in a vertical orientation (there’s pics further back in this thread) that myself, nor hansshow could figure out to recover.

We got to the point of trying to remove the PCB and shorting the pins while connecting it to my PC to try to force a reflash, but I wasn’t able to get the software to recognize the PCB.

They’re sending a new PCB, but I’m pretty sure they added the upgrade disclaimer after my case lol.

I have 2 other displays I’m going to be testing this week if I get time, but if the CarPlay PCB is what comes in, I’ll let everyone know how it is.

Not the July 27th update. It was an earlier build (it was 7-17 I believe, I got it from Hansshow before it was posted on the site to test on my unit, and do an upgrade tutorial on my channel, since it’s a lengthy process)

It didn’t “brick” my display in the sense that it was dead - it left my display stuck in a vertical orientation (there’s pics further back in this thread) that myself, nor hansshow could figure out to recover.

We got to the point of trying to remove the PCB and shorting the pins while connecting it to my PC to try to force a reflash, but I wasn’t able to get the software to recognize the PCB.

They’re sending a new PCB, but I’m pretty sure they added the upgrade disclaimer after my case lol.

I have 2 other displays I’m going to be testing this week if I get time, but if the CarPlay PCB is what comes in, I’ll let everyone know how it is.
I am assuming that trying to flash the 7/27 build over the 7/17 build wouldn't have fixed the issue? Interested to know how the new Carplay PCB version comes in. Like others have said, I would be interested in the Android Auto features since I don't have an iPhone.

I am assuming that trying to flash the 7/27 build over the 7/17 build wouldn't have fixed the issue? Interested to know how the new Carplay PCB version comes in. Like others have said, I would be interested in the Android Auto features since I don't have an iPhone.
I have the new MS/X full dash display in the box still, seems like this one doesn’t do android auto currently either…I’m not sure why these displays are having this limitation.

Sadly I’m too far invested in the Apple ecosystem to jump ship (although I’ve wanted to every year lol) so I don’t have much capability or knowledge to figure out why android auto gets the kibash most of the time.

Have you tried messaging Hansshow about having a firmware update to address this issue along with your camera suggestion? I have seen videos of people who do reviews and they said that they sent feedback to Hansshow on potential firmware fixes that they should do and they said that Hansshow incorporated it (ex: having the double speed display)
Yes, but I find @Hansshow to not be very responsive.