Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow 6.86" Mini dash display

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
....and now Hansshow has a new version posted to their website. It has a new UI which seems much cleaner and closer to the Tesla GUI. There is no longer an option without CarPlay or without the camera. I'd love to see a video of this in action. I'd also love to see a version without the goofy startup animation but I think we can remove that with some hacking if/when they post a new version of the software to their website.

Tesla Model 3/Y F68 Carplay Dashboard Touch Screen 6.86" Display
Good find. Looks like Hansshow finally came through with the Carplay version of the 6.86 display. I do wonder what the front camera thing looks like and I wonder if they improved on the front camera to have a better proximity sensor where it can automatically turn on when running at low speeds like the 10.25 inch camera. Even after all this time, they still can't get the American speed sign right but has that European circular speed sign.

Last edited:
Good find. Looks like Hansshow finally came through with the Carplay version of the 6.86 display. I do wonder what the front camera thing looks like and I wonder if they improved on the front camera to have a better proximity sensor where it can automatically turn on when running at low speeds like the 10.25 inch camera. Even after all this time, they still can't get the American speed sign right but has that European circular speed sign.
That seems like a totally new model. The UI is completely different.

Looks like they just stole teslogic software UI and put it on 6.86 display. Check out teslogic videos, looks like exact same UI. The last UI with the car, I have seen that UI from 5.16 inch display. :(
Ummm...on the product page the first 2-3 screenshots look like Teslogic UI but the last screenshot has that same UI from the 5.16 inch UI that I currently have. It seems to be a mix mash of UIs between various companies. I think I need to see some reviews on this unit before I may consider buying.

Looks like they just stole teslogic software UI and put it on 6.86 display. Check out teslogic videos, looks like exact same UI. The last UI with the car, I have seen that UI from 5.16 inch display. :(
Looks like Hansshow updated their product page now with a video that shows the features of the display. I personally do not like the Teslogic software UI at all even though Hansshow mixed in the icons of their other displays. I don't even know if the Teslogic software even has the blue light warning for Autopilot.

I personally like the UI of the original 6.86 inch display so it sounds like the TMA version is a better choice or it had the 5.16 inch display UI. The UI picture that resembled the 5.16 inch display is now removed. Looks like I won't be buying this unit.

Looks like Hansshow updated their product page now with a video that shows the features of the display. I personally do not like the Teslogic software UI at all even though Hansshow mixed in the icons of their other displays. I don't even know if the Teslogic software even has the blue light warning for Autopilot.

I personally like the UI of the original 6.86 inch display so it sounds like the TMA version is a better choice or it had the 5.16 inch display UI. The UI picture that resembled the 5.16 inch display is now removed. Looks like I won't be buying this unit.
I completely agree with you. There are definitely a few 'quirks' in the @Hansshow 6.8' screen, which I have adressed with them (don't think anything will be done) but otherwise I think its great.

Interesting that they are selling it with a touch screen at the same price point? I would have expected a price increase for the touch screen variant. I am not sure if I trust them on that yet. Is there like a restocking fee to return the product?

On the Hansshow website it says the SKU is 10H00066 (wonder if it is a typo since your screenshot above has 10H00065) for the non-touch screen version with front camera priced at $254.00 and an unknown SKU for the touch screen version with front camera priced at $367.00.
They come with different prices

They come with different prices
I know you do and I see that there is a new product page for the carplay/AA version and that post was made well before the new carplay/AA version was available. However the UI has changed and I don't know about the camera sensor anymore if it is improved to detect low speeds or just the same camera sensor as the non-carplay/AA version.

I am not a fan of the newer UI in the carplay/AA version since it doesn't show as much information as the non-carplay/AA version.

I like this UI but replace the European speed limit sign with the USA speed limit sign. Is blind spot indicator available in this UI?
1697484221542.png

I don't like this UI. Seems like a waste of space where the information displayed can be condensed and cannot show AP blue light.
1697484247004.png

Last edited:
I know you do and I see that there is a new product page for the carplay/AA version and that post was made well before the new carplay/AA version was available. However the UI has changed and I don't know about the camera sensor anymore if it is improved to detect low speeds or just the same camera sensor as the non-carplay/AA version.

I am not a fan of the newer UI in the carplay/AA version since it doesn't show as much information as the non-carplay/AA version.

I like this UI but replace the European speed limit sign with the USA speed limit sign. Is blind spot indicator available in this UI?
View attachment 982657

I don't like this UI. Seems like a waste of space where the information displayed can be condensed and cannot show AP blue light.
View attachment 982658
I agree that it'd be great to understand more about how the camera works, as well as the blind spot detector. The mention of 5g connectivity also seems like it warrants more information (though I don't think that I personally have interest in it due to the subscription costs.)

As for this new GUI - to each their own I think. I greatly prefer this new one over the prior version, even if many elements do seem to have been lifted from another provider. At least this one has eliminated the double reporting of some measures on the same screen. And IMO, too much information just makes for clutter and most information beyond what is listed now will be irrelevant to day to day driving. (Even tire pressure - how often is that really needed?). And too much clutter also clashes with the Tesla design on the main screen. I do think that the blue autopilot light is intended to show up on the steering wheel and in the ring around the speed. I do also agree that versions for sale in the US need to reflect our signs and not the EU.

But still - I get that different people have different taste. So perhaps the other version is better for some. For me I'm just looking for something to look as OEM as possible while also providing a forward facing camera and CarPlay. This new design seems to be pretty close to it, and I'll probably purchase one as soon as I see a live use video (and understand more about the functioning of the camera.)

I agree that it'd be great to understand more about how the camera works, as well as the blind spot detector. The mention of 5g connectivity also seems like it warrants more information (though I don't think that I personally have interest in it due to the subscription costs.)

As for this new GUI - to each their own I think. I greatly prefer this new one over the prior version, even if many elements do seem to have been lifted from another provider. At least this one has eliminated the double reporting of some measures on the same screen. And IMO, too much information just makes for clutter and most information beyond what is listed now will be irrelevant to day to day driving. (Even tire pressure - how often is that really needed?). And too much clutter also clashes with the Tesla design on the main screen. I do think that the blue autopilot light is intended to show up on the steering wheel and in the ring around the speed. I do also agree that versions for sale in the US need to reflect our signs and not the EU.

But still - I get that different people have different taste. So perhaps the other version is better for some. For me I'm just looking for something to look as OEM as possible while also providing a forward facing camera and CarPlay. This new design seems to be pretty close to it, and I'll probably purchase one as soon as I see a live use video (and understand more about the functioning of the camera.)
When you say double reporting, you must mean the early firmware versions where the speedometer was listed twice. Just FYI the double speedometer was fixed in a later firmware version and the UI was completely different if you see youtube videos on it. Even the product page diagrams for the non-carplay version reflect the current UI for the non-carplay version.

I just don't think like the HP meter and tire pressure meters and the way the turn signals are being displayed in the sample UI pictures above are something that I would want continuously. I much prefer the UI of the old design. Good thing there are choices including the one from TMA that seems to an alternate that keeps the classic UI design but adds the Carplay/AA feature.

Last edited:
When you say double reporting, you must mean the early firmware versions where the speedometer was listed twice. Just FYI the double speedometer was fixed in a later firmware version and the UI was completely different if you see youtube videos on it. Even the product page diagrams for the non-carplay version reflect the current UI for the non-carplay version.

Thanks - I have a hard time keeping up with these units...they seem to constantly shift and their listings are often inconsistent.

To the Hansshow team: please post the owners manual in your listings for these units. For example, I see that the settings screen in this new unit has multiple tabs. An owners manual would allow us to flip through and get a better understanding of how your product works. E.g., is the camera triggered by the right scroll wheel? Does it have an option to activate automatically based on the car speed? Etc.

View attachment 982657

View attachment 982658
We have both of these UIS, could set up by your preference. Front camera is activated by radar sensing, within the settings, there are options for high, medium, and low sensitivity. For manual access, push and hold the right scroll wheel to the right for 3 seconds to view through the front camera. Video of the camera sensor will be uploaded shortly

We have both of these UIS, could set up by your preference. Front camera is activated by radar sensing, within the settings, there are options for high, medium, and low sensitivity. For manual access, push and hold the right scroll wheel to the right for 3 seconds to view through the front camera. Video of the camera sensor will be uploaded shortly
We really need a detailed review / video for this new unit. I am hesitant to purchase until knowing more.

Reactions: flai54
Thank you for the reply. In addition to the front camera feature video of the auto sensing levels, can you please show the multiple UIs and how it looks? Like I said in my previous post, I am more interested in the original looking UI and would like to see how it navigates in between the menu settings and how it looks with Carplay/AA activated or front camera activated.

In the absence of available information/photos/reviews, I'm hoping someone from Hansshow will be able to help answer some of my questions:

- Does the UI show a flashing blue bar at the top of the screen when FSD is warning to keep hands on the wheel?
- What is the 5G connection used for? What do we lose by not using the 5G functionality?
- For CarPlay use, we just need to connect it to our phone via bluetooth, correct?
- Does the sound from this unit output to the cars speakers? Is there an internal speaker on the device?
- Are there additional UI options we can choose from that haven't yet been shown in the photos?
- What is the radar sensing functionality you mentioned in regard to camera activation? This sensing is handled by the camera itself?
- How are firmware updates done for this?

I agree 100%. The UI of the new unit is simply "blah". I'm still rolling on the 5.16" display. I think I like that UI best and the smaller size is perfect (regarding air blocking). If this 5.16" can have front camera, it'll be perfect...

I agree 100%. The UI of the new unit is simply "blah". I'm still rolling on the 5.16" display. I think I like that UI best and the smaller size is perfect (regarding air blocking). If this 5.16" can have front camera, it'll be perfect...
Yeah, it all comes down to preference. Myself, I have the Teslogic device and the minimalistic "blah" interface is exactly what I'm looking for. I'm only considering switching from it to this device for both the blindspot camera and Apple CarPlay.

Still waiting for Hansshow to answer some of my questions. If I suits my needs, I'd like to order sooner than later.

I notice in the installation video that you have to remove the saddle trim and plug into the saddle charging panel. I don't think this was required with the non-CarPlay unit of the same size.