Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow F9 9 inch display with camera and air vents

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,
regarding the display time/Time zone error …is there a permanent fix for GMT-7 ??? The display keep messing up the time zone .. i had to change to +8 for correct time.. ? Thanks.
I don't think the display is going to factor in any daylight savings time adjustments that the USA has. It is just a stupid thing that only the USA has that I wish they would stop having daylight savings time.

I don't think the display is going to factor in any daylight savings time adjustments that the USA has. It is just a stupid thing that only the USA has that I wish they would stop having daylight savings time.
You know that Canada, all of Europe, New Zealand, part of Australia, and a couple countries in South America do DST also don't you? They follow the US's lead on this insanity. Heck, all of Asia and half of Africa used to do this crap before they stopped thinking crazy.

Keith

You know that Canada, all of Europe, New Zealand, part of Australia, and a couple countries in South America do DST also don't you? They follow the US's lead on this insanity. Heck, all of Asia and half of Africa used to do this crap before they stopped thinking crazy.

Keith
Good to know. I just assumed the USA is always stupid when it comes to these things.

Last edited:
I received the 240423 version of the update that they got from the manufacturer. But this firmware has some issues so they brought the feedback back to the manufacturer. And like I said it has some stock initial video and not the one with the Hansshow logo in it.

But I have had success with getting new firmware for my previous Linux 9" screen and now this F9 version too. You just have to be persistent to get them to ask the manufactuer.
Can you pls share the non- Hansshow version of the firmware you received for the F9 Linux screen? I’d definitely want to get rid of the initial video at the very least. Thanks!

Can you pls share the non- Hansshow version of the firmware you received for the F9 Linux screen? I’d definitely want to get rid of the initial video at the very least. Thanks!
I'm not going to share this update because there is an issue with it in my testing. When your screen is set to something under 100% brightness the screen will flash to 100% brightness for a split second every 4-5 seconds.

So I brought this to their attention so hopefully they can fix the issue. I'm not sure if you guys noticed in the older firmware but the follow me brightness setting never matched the tesla brightness very good and this new firmware supposedly fixed that but now has this new issue.

I'm not going to share this update because there is an issue with it in my testing. When your screen is set to something under 100% brightness the screen will flash to 100% brightness for a split second every 4-5 seconds.

So I brought this to their attention so hopefully they can fix the issue. I'm not sure if you guys noticed in the older firmware but the follow me brightness setting never matched the tesla brightness very good and this new firmware supposedly fixed that but now has this new issue.
Are you able to downgrade firmware versions for the time being? Hopefully that is the case when firmware versions act up.

Last edited:
Are you able to downgrade firmware versions for the time being? Hopefully that is the case when firmware versions act up.
Yes I was. Downgrading the firmware has never been an issue as far as I could tell with all of these front and rear displays.

So for now I downloaded the 240110 firmware that has the Hansshow logo that someone posted up. My original firmware was 231225.

Has anyone managed to get a more up to date firmware version for the f9 Linux system? I currently have the April 01 version installed and having issues with the camera showing the picture in black and white. Have WhatsApp Hannshow and it’s been a week without a reply 🙁
Are you saying you are able to get the front camera to show black and white consistently? So the front camera never shows? I wonder if others have the same problem.

Are you saying you are able to get the front camera to show black and white consistently? So the front camera never shows? I wonder if others have the same problem.
Yep. What I’ve noticed is if I get in the car and put it straight into drive. It will come up black and white. If I put in in reverse and then into drive, it shows full colour. Hoping to get an update to fix but still no response from hannsshow

Attachments

• IMG_0714.jpeg
    IMG_0714.jpeg
    431 KB · Views: 6
Yep. What I’ve noticed is if I get in the car and put it straight into drive. It will come up black and white. If I put in in reverse and then into drive, it shows full colour. Hoping to get an update to fix but still no response from hannsshow
Ok so the camera issue is happening every time you get into the car and try to activate it on first use? But if you reverse and drive it shows in full color. What about if you try to activate the front camera manually after the reverse and drive (ex: you reach your destination and want to park your car), does it show the camera in full color?

Reactions: kc168
Can we all push the vendor to try to ask them to change the front camera behavior too? I think it's literally pointless to have it come up when you go into D...actually wish it didn't do this because sometimes I need to see google maps right away. And of course if you hit the right scroll to make it go away you end up messing up your distance settings for autopilot.

It would be much better if it can activate when it sense the tesla is in parking mode as well.

And even if they can't do that the button press to manually activate the camera is way to long. I think it's over 3 seconds. It should be 1-2 seconds max before it activates the camera.

Reactions: flai54
Can anyone even confirm if they ever got OTA to work?

My theory is that OTA is a blank promise and these chinese companies are not hosting new files for OTA updates. I'm pretty sure any time I got my unit to connect to wifi and do an "OTA" update it literally just updates to the same version I was already on.

Seems like the only actual way to get these updated is to get the actual file and go through USB.

Can anyone even confirm if they ever got OTA to work?

My theory is that OTA is a blank promise and these chinese companies are not hosting new files for OTA updates. I'm pretty sure any time I got my unit to connect to wifi and do an "OTA" update it literally just updates to the same version I was already on.

Seems like the only actual way to get these updated is to get the actual file and go through USB.
Yes to all.